F-Body Europe

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:51 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Re: New Camaro in Ramstein area
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:04 pm 
Fast Newbie

Well I finally got there and registered it. It failed the inspection. :mad: I had no idea there was a height requirement. I'm not messing with the springs or anything. Any other ideas? Taller tires perhaps? Anyone have any ideas?

2000 Camaro SS Conv. M6
*Sold*

Last edited by TopleSS on Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:24 pm 

Dang mine did too.(mine failed due to axle leak but I'm on stock springs/shocks) Height requirement? Holy crap! Are you on 17's?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:00 pm 
Fast Newbie

chieftransam wrote:
Dang mine did too.(mine failed due to axle leak but I'm on stock springs/shocks) Height requirement? Holy crap! Are you on 17's?

Yeah I have 17" tt2s on it. I have sam strano springs that lowered it about an inch and koni shocks. I just looked at the paper to see how much higer I needed it to be but the sheet just says "too low". After driving it around today I realized that the exhaust does hang too low. I must have scrapped about 3 times. Going out of Vogelwehs main gate I scrapped on the hump before you exit and the tire shredder things hit the exhaust too. The shop that put the cam in was supposed to fix the exhaust too and tuck it up under there a little better but it looks like they didn't move it up at all. Damn, anyone have some stock springs they want to work me a deal on?

2000 Camaro SS Conv. M6
*Sold*

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:31 pm 
No Life

Quote:
Well I finally got there and registered it.

They didn't say anything about a second vehicle did they? :ok:
I have pretty much gotten around any crap they throw at me. Some "fixes" just may take a little bit with good timing.

Quote:
anyone have some stock springs they want to work me a deal on?

I have some that only have about 10k miles on them including shocks, but that is kind of a pain to swap.

Go to the Ramstein inspection station and you won't have a problem. Most of my problems have stemmed from Vogelweh. Including almost getting into a fist fight (which isn't like me). Ramstein is usually much better and they don't usually have the height problem because of how they are setup.

Black 01 6spd SS # 5971 - AFR, FAST, Nick Williams, SLP, Kooks, Borla, Kirban, Spec, Moser, BMR, Spohn

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:31 am 
Fast Newbie

Chevroletfreak wrote:
Quote:
Well I finally got there and registered it.

They didn't say anything about a second vehicle did they? :ok:
I have pretty much gotten around any crap they throw at me. Some "fixes" just may take a little bit with good timing.

Quote:
anyone have some stock springs they want to work me a deal on?

I have some that only have about 10k miles on them including shocks, but that is kind of a pain to swap.

Go to the Ramstein inspection station and you won't have a problem. Most of my problems have stemmed from Vogelweh. Including almost getting into a fist fight (which isn't like me). Ramstein is usually much better and they don't usually have the height problem because of how they are setup.

I ended up finallly getting the letter from the commander back even though they didn't even look at it. You were right. haha I know the springs are a pain in the ass to swap but I think it will be worth it. I'm already tired of scrapping on everything and I've only drivien it one day. Do you think that will work going to the Ramstein inspection station even though I got the failure paperwork from Vogelweh? Do they keep that on file and have to clear it? I guess as long as that temp registration is stamped saying it passed and I can get the real plates it doesn't matter huh?

2000 Camaro SS Conv. M6
*Sold*

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:55 pm 
Fast Newbie

How much for the springs Brian?

2000 Camaro SS Conv. M6
*Sold*

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:31 pm 
No Life

Hey Topless,
Try Ramstein first. Yes, they will know it failed for height. However, Ramsteins station does not have the lip on it that Vogelweh does. All you have to do is tell them that you think it is fixed (the height). It does not matter IF it fails again as long as you are not out of your temp time.

I really don't want to sell them unless I have to. I was going to use them when I left to load it on the trailer and in the near future because I need the upper mount so I can more quickly swap suspension setups. I am about to installo the Strano setup and then I have QA1's for drags.

Black 01 6spd SS # 5971 - AFR, FAST, Nick Williams, SLP, Kooks, Borla, Kirban, Spec, Moser, BMR, Spohn

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:09 am 
Fast Newbie

I know you guys said to check out Ramstein and see if it will pass there, I will do that but even if it does pass in it's present state I still want to get the exhaust fixed. I have a QTP catted Y-pipe on there that hangs LOW!! Even though the exhaust place in the states was supposed to bring it up as far as they could before welding it they didn't. If anything it hangs lower than before. I am thinking about getting an offroad y and having an exhaust shop around here make it work. Are there any good exhaust shops here that won't worry about taking cats off a car and welding up a straight pipe? Or are there any welders on here that want to help me out? My headers have flanges welded to them and I'm still unable to find a company that sells a y-pipe with flanges. I'm pretty sure the new exhaust would give me a good 1-2 inches more clearance.

2000 Camaro SS Conv. M6
*Sold*