F-Body Europe

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:38 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Finally made it!!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:46 am 
Fast Newbie
 YIM  Profile

So the family and I finally made it to Wiesbaden! Seems like a nice area so far.
Only problem is: it looks like I won't be getting either car for about a month!! Guess its time to pick up a beater.
Housing just told me today that we are eligble for off-post housing ;) so thats a plus.

Only been here 2 days and have seen 3 F-bodies already.. Off to a good start!

Look forward to talking to/meeting y'all.

Scott

Lid,ASP U/D Pulley,LT's,Custom H-PipeTD's , FlowMaster 10 series, MagnaFlow High Flow Cats, LS6 intake, P/P TB,STB, SFC's,LCA's, Adj PHB, QA-1's and Redline Motorsports street/dyno tune. 336rwhp/351rwtq

Post subject: Re: Finally made it!!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:15 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

HowdyZ_28 wrote:
So the family and I finally made it to Wiesbaden! Seems like a nice area so far.
Only problem is: it looks like I won't be getting either car for about a month!! Guess its time to pick up a beater.
Housing just told me today that we are eligble for off-post housing ;) so thats a plus.

Only been here 2 days and have seen 3 F-bodies already.. Off to a good start!

Well, I guess you've seen about half of all then ;) J/K, but F-Bodies are in short supply over here ... lots of Stangs and Imports, along with Beamers, Mercs etc ...

Anyway, welcome and good luck with the housing, hope you can get a hold of something nice!
Maybe you can make it over to the races in Bitburg in September (lots of bugs that weekend though) or October (Season finale, King of the Hill competition, etc.)

"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you."
"Speed doesn't kill - suddenly becoming stationary on the other hand ..."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:31 am 
Headin' for a divorce

Glad you made it Scott.
Wiesbaden is a wonderful town along with Mainz. Since you are elgible for offpost housing go for it . I did and it makes the tour more enjoyable.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:21 am 
Needs a Job
 ICQ  Profile

Welcome from Mainz! :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:19 pm 
 ICQ  Profile

welcome to germany!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:01 pm 
Fast Newbie
 YIM  Profile

Thanks for the warm welcome y'all!
Can't wait to get a house and get the POV's here. Still worried about passing the decible test though lol
Also: the two places we have looked at and might be moving into (in Eltville) are awesome but only have street parking :( Do y'all think it'll be an issue parking the SS on the street ALL the time?

My cars are supposed to get here around the end of this month. Plan on getting a DD here in the next few days (if you have a 4-door sedan that will fit two car seats for $2500 or so send me a PM).

Scott

Lid,ASP U/D Pulley,LT's,Custom H-PipeTD's , FlowMaster 10 series, MagnaFlow High Flow Cats, LS6 intake, P/P TB,STB, SFC's,LCA's, Adj PHB, QA-1's and Redline Motorsports street/dyno tune. 336rwhp/351rwtq

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:51 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

Not even a carport? Winters (and the salt that comes with them) in Germany aren't very kind to cars, especially with the F-Body's build quality as far as body corosion protection goes ... had a day's works of cleaning off the rust from my 2k Firehawk which had been driven in the winter by the previous owner ... could have been worse, but sucks none the less ...
Of course, especially if you're out in some outskirts you can always try to get a garage or other storage space somewhere, maybe you're lucky and can find something in walking distance ...

"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:28 pm 
Fast Newbie
 YIM  Profile

We're finally all settled in. Cars got here without issue. Got a nice house in Eltville with a carport. :)
The safety inspection I was so worried about went off without a hitch. They didn't check the ride height or the sound level of the exhaust.
The sad part is I have to put the SS away for the winter here soon.

Any of y'all good with audio wiring? I'm having an issue with my door speakers after having an amp installed.

Scott

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:33 am 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

Congrats ... glad everything worked out well!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:42 pm 
Needs a Job
 ICQ  Profile

Maybe we're lucky and the winter doesn't get as bad as the last one, so you can drive the SS...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:34 am 
Fast Newbie
 YIM  Profile

Unless there are a couple really nice days in a row I probably won't drive it much at all during the winter (thats what the beater is for lol). Besides, I just hit 37,000 miles in her the other day. Not driving it in the winter helps to keep the mileage down.

Hey Ben, are you in the military? I ask because I haven't seen your Z around the Wiesbaden area. I've only seen 5 F-bodies around here and only 2 were V-8's that seemed to be taken care of.

Scott

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:11 am 
Needs a Job
 ICQ  Profile

HowdyZ_28 wrote:
Hey Ben, are you in the military? I ask because I haven't seen your Z around the Wiesbaden area. I've only seen 5 F-bodies around here and only 2 were V-8's that seemed to be taken care of.

Nope, German civilian. :) But I'm close to Wiesbaden, just left of the Rhine in Mainz. I've seen a silver 4th gen on A60 last Sunday evening, but it wasn't an SS... ah and I see yours is white.
You will find my car on the race tracks or at the Bitburg events. 8)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:14 pm 
Fast Newbie
 YIM  Profile

Hey Ben, silly question: Were you on A66 to Wiesbaden this past Friday night? I ask because a black Camaro FLEW by me in the rain! I was doing 120 kph and it past me just SCREAMING.

On a side note, I had an AWESOME drive to and from Grafenwohr today! The weather was beautiful and (in between the construction) there was hardly any traffic. :D

Scott

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:59 am 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

Doesn't sound like Ben ... ;)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:48 am 
Needs a Job
 ICQ  Profile

HowdyZ_28 wrote:
Hey Ben, silly question: Were you on A66 to Wiesbaden this past Friday night? I ask because a black Camaro FLEW by me in the rain! I was doing 120 kph and it past me just SCREAMING.

No, I never drive very fast in the rain, even slower since I've got sport tires on the Camaro, they don't like rain. :)

Quote:
On a side note, I had an AWESOME drive to and from Grafenwohr today! The weather was beautiful and (in between the construction) there was hardly any traffic. :D

If only the weather stayed like this the whole winter... :wink: Well maybe we're lucky and it's not a "3-months-of-snow" winter like the last one...