F-Body Europe

It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 3:20 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: LuS1fer's Kingdom of Darkness
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2002 4:08 pm 
No Life
 WWW  Profile

I've just noticed this section. I'm 42 so pretty old I imagine in the great scheme of things. My first Yank was a 1985 Corvette TPi that spoilt my love of cars. After that, nearly every car was boring! I am a barrister and prosecute but save your jeers because the speed cameras work on me too! The Corvette had many fine high speed jaunts. It took out an E-type Jag that was a lot faster than I imagined it could ever be. It destroyed a BMW 840 but was even against a BMW 328 up to 140mph when I had to pull off. An XJS V12 blew his engine trying to keep me behind him. Hehe.
As a victim of the Child support Agency, I've had to juggle more financial agreements than I care to remember and I'm kept poor by having too many children in different places hence some dodgy cars like a 1972 Aussie Chrysler Valiant 318 that handled well up to about 45, a 1981 Mustang 3.3 Ghia that would have performed superbly but for the weight of that skin of a rice pudding stuck to the back bumper. I then had a 1987 Z28 which was a great car but just wasn't fast enough for my liking and so I bought my LS1 which will provide the base for future mods. If I change my mortgage next year I may build "an extension" on it or fit "a new kitchen in it" if you know what I mean). I rate the LS1 the best built Chevy I've ever had by a country mile and the Vette the best at speed. I have most of my own basic mechanics in the past but the LS1 looks a bit more demanding and electrics are not my thing.
We have a local club called the South Wales American Car Club which meets every 2nd and 4th Mondays of the month. We have an "inner faction" who self-title ourselves the Open Headers Street Racing Club which sounds a whole lot less starchy. We've got a few older classic cars but a lot are on shoestring budgets (well, slip-on shoes more like). My mate has just this minute bought a red 95 Trans Am and I'll be tempting him onto the site shortly. Whatever their shortcomings, 4th gens rock!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2002 9:03 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

Welcome to the board! Hope to maybe get to meet you at one of the car shows or an OSL race day ... :)

"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you."
"Speed doesn't kill - suddenly becoming stationary on the other hand ..."