F-Body Europe

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:55 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: just a general question ...
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 8:03 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

... about FBE and its goals ...

I know we are having a pretty good amount of fun with our activities, which more or less add up to messing around with our cars, driving to places with our cars, talking about our cars and that they are most certainly faster than another car ...

But apart from that, which might be a bit hard to understand for someone who "just" has an F-Body - what does the club profit him or her? Why should he/she join?

With our attempt at getting recognized through ADAC as an official car club, we have - or are - taking the first step in doing something more than just having fun ... and I guess it'll be the base for more to come - but what more do want to be or do?

Background for this a bit provocative question - I was going to set up a little flyer about the club, who and what we are, what we do, etc ... have something to hand out to people either at Hockenheim, on the street, wherever - just pack a couple in your car, and when you see an F-Body driver, hand 'em one ... sure, we got the old flyers from George(?), I've got some I wrote up that more or less only consist of the logo and the URL, and there may be a third one ... but with our continued effort to go public and official, we have to put some information out in order to get people in ...

Any comments?

"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you."
"Speed doesn't kill - suddenly becoming stationary on the other hand ..."

Post subject: Silas...
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 6:06 am 
Fast Newbie

Here ya go. Preach on.....
:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 6:37 am 

Amen..........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2001 1:17 pm 
Site Admin

Yes we need to have flyers, Do not give up, I tried to set up something in vilseck and fell flat on my face. I am in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2001 8:55 pm 
Fast Newbie
 ICQ  Profile

I would be more than willing to put a few flyers out. There are quite a few F-bodies in the Wurzburg area.

Tres

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2001 10:25 pm 
Cool Newbie

My husband and I can spread some flyers around Bitburg/Spangdahlem. There have been a few new f-bodies showing up around here lately.

Post subject: good idea
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2001 12:53 am 
Cool Newbie
 WWW  Profile

hm yeah very good idea....IROC and me can spread them among the drivers in Nuremberg.....there are a few f-body drivers round here too.

greetings
ChevyRacing88

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2001 8:17 am 
Needs a Job

Garry not a bad idea. It's better than talking to someone and not getting a vibe because they're either clueless to the vehicle they have or they're too good to be part of a club for whatever reason. With a flyer they can make their own decision and press on w/ or w/out us.
Going public? Is there a way that this board can be found by anybody doing a search on the internet? It doesn't pop up @ all when it comes to clubs or what have you.
Goals will remain the same for the FBE and should not change because of size or location. Promote FBE for the enthusiast, only it doesn't matter what they have or don't have on or in their car. All opinions are welcomed.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2001 5:41 pm 
Headin' for a divorce

Garry and Gang
That is a good idea ,but as a club should'nt all have a say as to what goes on the flyer. You do excellent work Garry and I commend you for going the distance and everything. If it is staffed and passes the mustard , then that is all the Q/C that it needs .
Next on the the agenda Should be the club charter, vision and board of officers. We kinda need to move away from the Little rascals "Our gang" image or maybe not. Put it up to a vote.

Remember, this is just stuff coming off the top of the old noggin . There is nothing wrong with the way business has been but it could be improved.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2001 6:54 pm 
Site Admin

Roy is right checks & balance with max participation. Every body has some good ideas and there will be a couple not so good ones also.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2001 7:43 am 
Needs a Job

Well there are 2 ways to do this. 1 we can address this over the board or 2 have a meet in the near future say 1-3 months for now @ a central locating area to discuss some of the things that we as a club like to do.

Let me ask you this Roy? If know one volunteers for certain positions in the club what do you do then? Had this problem in the past and that's the reason it's stay the way it has for so long? Can't force people as we all know but that's just a reality of part of this club.
Like I've said before it makes no shakes to me whether we 10 or 100 as long as there is someplace for people to go to when they want to be a part of something such as this.
Now if they want other things to happen inside of the club then we need for people to step up and take part in the process of making this place better for us all.

We have the vision for the club and purpose but do we want to be like carbon copies of other clubs or something entirely different that sets us apart from other clubs be it Fbody or other?

Me I just like to hang out, meet people, share info, cruise & race on occasion. As for others the order may be different...........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2001 8:45 am 
Site Admin

I think we would get more input on the board. We could discuss things,plans on the board under club section. However it needs to be prioritized and controlled and have a systematic process to be planed correctly. I really do not know the focus at this point what are goals for next year? Out of the 120 signed up we have 20-30 active members.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2001 8:57 am 

I would agree with the board idea. You will probably need to do a little controlling to stop things getting out of hand. But with the wide distances between members, trying to get a large majority together may be a little difficult.
But I am here for the same reasons as John. Meet, share info, get together, cruise, play. Have fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2001 1:40 pm 

Being one of the newest members, I was kinda wondering what the club had to offer. I didn't know if the club got together and did things for the community or went on trips together or if it was all cars. As far as I can tell so far it is all cars. Nothing wrong with that, just trying to make a point. I can't find anything on this page that tells what we stand for. I thought there would be a charter that I could read to find out informantion on what the club was all about. I thought that F-Body Europe were the ones that held the races and now I find out that there is another club/function called Operation Street Legal that actually holds the races. Are they even attached to this club? All I can say is at this point I am very confused as to who does what. I enjoy getting on this web page and discussing different things with everyone. And I enjoyed meeting up with a few of you last Sunday. Just an opinion from a newbie.

Image97 Camaro SS (#2,650)Image

You must be fast because I was hauling *ss when I passed you!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2001 11:56 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  Profile

FBODIES RULE!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2001 2:47 am 
No Life
 ICQ  Profile

I think that idea of road trips is great. We should go all over the place. One place I would like to go is Berlin. :-ok:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2001 6:36 am 
No Life

Quote:
I think that idea of road trips is great. We should go all over the place. One place I would like to go is Berlin. :-ok:

Now that is one good idea..... road trips would be a way we could all get together as a club besides racing and car shows.... not that I don't like to do that as well.

Post subject: Road Trips
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 7:57 pm 
Needs a Job
 YIM  Profile

First off, its great to finally be in a club for Camaro's. There were none in South Georgia. You guys ROCK!!

About the road trips, how about one to next years Le Mans race???

Just thought that would be cool.

Anyone in Ramstein, give me a shout. I'm new and I don't really know anyone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 8:33 pm 
No Life
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Thanks for bringing this post to my attention! I too love F-bodies! I can't imagine not having my SS!!!

As for the original topic, I am willing to get involved/help in any way I possibly can! I think one of the things that is killing us, at this point is distance! Maybe we need to work on regional recruitment/get togethers?

For instance, there are a few F-bods around here, in Stuttgart. I would be interested in getting some flyers to put on some of the cars I see around here! I have been thininkg about starting a car club here local, but would rather keep it Fbod if at all possible, and prefferably, it be the Baden Württemberg Chapter of FBE. Then, we could do cruises from here, to a central location, were the seperate chapters could meet as one Big ol' FBE meet!!! Its real easy to say, yeah let all meet in Ramstein or Vilsek but it quickly becomes a goatrope if you are not familiar or within an hour of either location. I want to see the club evolve, let me know what I need to do to help!!!

Larry

02' LE SS #3034/35th #1281. GMMG, SLP Box, CAI, 85mm MAF. BMR STB, EBC rotors, GreenStuff brake pads. PAC SWI-X Steering wheel controls, Pwr ant, Gentex auto dimming mirror w/ compass & temp:) DGoetz Fab SFCs, Tunnel brace.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 7:44 pm 
No Life
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Anyone?

02' LE SS #3034/35th #1281. GMMG, SLP Box, CAI, 85mm MAF. BMR STB, EBC rotors, GreenStuff brake pads. PAC SWI-X Steering wheel controls, Pwr ant, Gentex auto dimming mirror w/ compass & temp:) DGoetz Fab SFCs, Tunnel brace.