F-Body Europe

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:25 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Re: My 1993 RX-7 with LS1/T56 Build
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 6:56 pm 
No Life

There is a guy around here that has the prevous model wiht a 302 in it. I heard that he blew it up the first week it arrived.

2013 Focus ST250 in the USA
1st car 77 Camaro Type Lt 5.0 auto

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 11:50 am 
Cool Newbie

Did you rewire your harness or send it out? I'm in the process of doing a 69 Firebird LSx 5.3 conversion, and I'm still back and forth on whether I should send it out or attempt to rewire myself. Are you close to Ramstein? I'd love to see your conversion up close!

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 12:49 pm 
Needs a Job

Congrats on the install. That looks phenominal! I'm assuming the ride height will be adjusted sometime in the near future? ;)
Now you are going to have to explain this picture. Car is hoisted by crane w/ a strap, crane has wheels and the car has rollers on the rear wheels?! Please tell me they've got some kinda of locking system or something because that chit is crazy! LOL

Thanks for all the pics too. Your wife is cool as chit to help out. So did it work in terms of bringing the two of you closer? :D

I think I'm gonna ditch the C5 Z06 project and do an RX-7 now after seeing that. Oh by the way I like the headlights!

02' MY Z06, Cam, LT headers, X-pipe, Breathless CAI, Borla Stinger exh, RSD short shifter, Elite catch can, C6Z susp, CCW classic's 18x10 & 18x12...your normal everyday Z06.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 1:36 pm 
Fast Newbie

fast400 wrote:
Did you rewire your harness or send it out? I'm in the process of doing a 69 Firebird LSx 5.3 conversion, and I'm still back and forth on whether I should send it out or attempt to rewire myself. Are you close to Ramstein? I'd love to see your conversion up close!

I actually had the harness modded for me by Hinson Super Cars - they do the whole setup, label all the wires I need to connect, flash the PCM, etc. I'm down in Stuttgart, but should hopefully get around once I'm comfortable that the car is broken in enough for the track! I've got all the pinouts for the LS motors too if you need those.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 1:41 pm 
Fast Newbie

SRZ wrote:
Congrats on the install. That looks phenominal! I'm assuming the ride height will be adjusted sometime in the near future? ;)
Now you are going to have to explain this picture. Car is hoisted by crane w/ a strap, crane has wheels and the car has rollers on the rear wheels?! Please tell me they've got some kinda of locking system or something because that chit is crazy! LOL

Thanks for all the pics too. Your wife is cool as chit to help out. So did it work in terms of bringing the two of you closer? :D

I think I'm gonna ditch the C5 Z06 project and do an RX-7 now after seeing that. Oh by the way I like the headlights!

Yeah, the RX7 forum questioned that picture too. Suprisingly, even on the smooth surface of my garage, the car didn't move. There are no lockers on the rollers, I'm sure the e-brake was pulled, and the car didn't move. I don't get it. Locking back at it certainly raises an eyebrow... It looked good at the time!!!

Also, the project did bring us closer... especially now that the wife as an intimate understanding of how cars work. Not saying of course that there weren't those frustrating nights when she didn't understand why we needed to remove/un-bolt something for the 5th time...

Thanks for the compliment about the headlights - all the RX7 guys hate them for some reason. They beat the old style flip-ups and were the cheapest upgrade through eBay.

Oh yeah, if anyone cares, I didn't come from the die-hard RX7 group. My first car was a 1970 383 Dodge Charger.

Thanks for the comments!!!

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 6:04 pm 
No Life

Let me know if you want to unload those rollers.

2013 Focus ST250 in the USA
1st car 77 Camaro Type Lt 5.0 auto

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 6:27 pm 
Fast Newbie

jinstall wrote:
Let me know if you want to unload those rollers.

They actually weren't even mine - I borrowed them from a guy here in Stuttgart!