F-Body Europe

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:49 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Guess what I saw today ...
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:58 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

Was up at the Kassel Corvette meeting ... one of the guys there is in the car business, he was there with a car he got to sell ...

Yes, it's an SS ... (sorry for the crappy handy pics, didn't have my decent camera with me)

Guess what I drove today ... :)

Really liked the ride quality, nice and smooth, but not too soft ... couldn't really push it, as it only had 400k on the motor yet ... it has an automatic with the paddle shift ... I guess that part could use some tuning, as it took about forever to shift up or down ...

Oh, and it's really quiet - at least up to the 3000 that I revved it ... could barely hear the car ...

On the inside, they could have really left out the rear seats - even if the front seats aren't all the way back (and they go WAY back, further than even I'd need it), even kids can't fit in ... and a couple of panels would look a lot better if they had used some brushed aluminum instead of the plastic ...

All in all, a nice car, but not for the 50k€ that it would cost ... :(

"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you."
"Speed doesn't kill - suddenly becoming stationary on the other hand ..."

Post subject: Re: Guess what I saw today ...
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:50 pm 
No Life

Sweet! That is great that you got a chance to drive it. Did it feel clunky on the inside?

Black 01 6spd SS # 5971 - AFR, FAST, Nick Williams, SLP, Kooks, Borla, Kirban, Spec, Moser, BMR, Spohn

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:01 pm 
Cool Newbie

I saw one IRL some weeks ago on a local meeting in Stockholm area, must say comparing to european cars i´m not impressed by the new Camaro. Part i dont like is the interior, ugly dashboard and cheap look. IMO the design on the interior is better in my "old" Trans Am compare to the new Camaro.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:50 am 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

Well, I guess one can't expect the interior of an affordable (sports) car to be as elaborate and high quality like a Porsche, Merc or BMW ... also, the placement of some of the dash instruments in the center console way out of sight might not be the best choice, I guess GM was trying to build something futuristic there ... but all in all, I would not buy the Camaro for the interior, but for the overall car ... and that is a pretty good deal (at least stateside and given another year or so ;) )

"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you."
"Speed doesn't kill - suddenly becoming stationary on the other hand ..."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:40 am 
Fast Newbie
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Two are down here on Ramstein.... G.I's aint meet them yet but one BLKSS and one SLVRSS

ZO6 SLVR 17X9.5 on all4, Kuhmo, Koni sngl adj., Eibach 1.5drop, PowerSlot Rotors,Hawkpads

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:10 pm 
No Life

98blkbrd wrote:
Two are down here on Ramstein.... G.I's aint meet them yet but one BLKSS and one SLVRSS

I just heard that rumor also. I have not seen either.

Black 01 6spd SS # 5971 - AFR, FAST, Nick Williams, SLP, Kooks, Borla, Kirban, Spec, Moser, BMR, Spohn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:57 pm 
Cool Newbie
 YIM  Profile

I figured it wouldn't be long before there were some over there...GM plans to sell these to about country that will allow them!! Though they are expensive in Europe!!

Nice to know a couple GIs have brought them over as well...They'll be like Mustangs before too long...won't be able to sling a cat around without hitting one!

I love mine!! I have the M6 though and it feels much stronger than the A6 does. Never could figure out why someone would be willing to pay $1,000 more for the A6 and lose 26+ hp? Thank you very much...I'll keep my grand and my extra hp!

They are quiet!! I did a stright pipe on mine (leaving the cats and resonator)...really sounded great! Sort of like the SLP system to me...

...enjoy them...I think big government will sooner rather than later take V8s away from all of us!

2010 Camaro SS Owner #3411!