F-Body Europe

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:32 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Any good rearend places in the KMC area?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:03 am 
Fast Newbie

I think I have narrowed down my "sloppy feeling" problem. From reading about a million threads and talking to a few different people I think the backlash wasn't set up correctly when my gears were put in. Is there any place in the KMC area that you guys know of that would know what they were doing if I brought my car to them? I've decided if I can't sell my car I'm going to fix all the little things wrong with it and this is the main thing that makes me not enjoy driving it anymore. Thanks.

2000 Camaro SS Conv. M6
*Sold*

Post subject: Re: Any good rearend places in the KMC area?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:33 am 
No Life

What type of sloppy feeling do you get? That doesn't sound like something from the diff to me.

Black 01 6spd SS # 5971 - AFR, FAST, Nick Williams, SLP, Kooks, Borla, Kirban, Spec, Moser, BMR, Spohn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:04 am 
Fast Newbie

Chevroletfreak wrote:
What type of sloppy feeling do you get? That doesn't sound like something from the diff to me.

You should come drive it sometime, it's hard to explain. Other people don't even notice it but I can't see how they don't. All the 4th gen fbodies I've driven don't feel like mine. When I'm driving through a parking lot or stuck in traffic somewhere where I'm going slow I push in the clutch and it's like the drivetrain moves back and forth.

2000 Camaro SS Conv. M6
*Sold*

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:01 pm 
No Life

Okayyyyy. That sounds odd. When do you work? I don't mind checking it out.

Black 01 6spd SS # 5971 - AFR, FAST, Nick Williams, SLP, Kooks, Borla, Kirban, Spec, Moser, BMR, Spohn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:55 pm 
Fast Newbie

Chevroletfreak wrote:
Okayyyyy. That sounds odd. When do you work? I don't mind checking it out.

I work 730-430 m-f. My cell is 016091872052. Give me a call when you have some time and I can meet you by base.

2000 Camaro SS Conv. M6
*Sold*

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:56 pm 
No Life

That sure doesn't sound like the rear end. Sloppy backlash might give you a clunk, but it shouldn't feel like the drivetrain is moving. Sounds like they may have disconnected something on the suspension and didn't hook it back up.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:29 am 
Fast Newbie

KC10A wrote:
That sure doesn't sound like the rear end. Sloppy backlash might give you a clunk, but it shouldn't feel like the drivetrain is moving. Sounds like they may have disconnected something on the suspension and didn't hook it back up.

I've gotten under there and checked out everything. All suspension components are tight. There is play in something in the drivetrain. Not sure what it is. Maybe bad motor mounts?? I just got to reading and read a few threads on people's backlash being set up wrong and the sloppy feeling they were describing sounds like what I have. I started thinking back and I realized I think it started feeling like this after the gears went in so I figured it might be that. I don't know. Hopefully the car will be sold soon and I don't have to worry about these little problems anymore.

2000 Camaro SS Conv. M6
*Sold*

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:54 am 
No Life

Do you really have uit up for sale? Where?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:10 am 
Fast Newbie

Chevroletfreak wrote:

Yep, it was in the stars and stripes for a few weeks. I got a million emails on it but then nobody came and looked at it. One of the first guys that called about it just got back from deployment and he's coming to look at it Saturday. He sounds like he is really interested. He knows about it not passing inspection and is cool with that. I just put some rubber coil spacers in it and it's still too low. Just got back from trying to get it inspected here at ramstein. Yeah that didn't work like you guys said. There's an incline leading up to the pit so it's no better than the one at Pulaski. I'm going to try pulaski later and see if they pass it. This "He said POOP"'s really pissing me off. The only time it hits on anything is when I have to drive up one of those god damn inspection ramps. I did get a chance to get under there and look at it and the exhaust shop that did my exhaust back home did a horrible job. I only had two request, make it not leak and raise it as high as it can go. The cat actually curves down towards the ground after the header!! If I was back in the states I would go back and make them redo it. Bu of course here there's really nothing I can do. If I don't end up selling it is there a good exhaust shop around here that wouldn't mind taking off the cats and running a straight pipe there? They're gutted out anyway so they're really serving no purpose but reducing ground clearance. If I had an exhaust shop put in straight pipe I would gain about an inch of clearance. :x

2000 Camaro SS Conv. M6
*Sold*

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:11 am 
Fast Newbie

Chevroletfreak wrote:

Are you interested in it? I'll make you a deal. :P

2000 Camaro SS Conv. M6
*Sold*

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:25 am 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

TopleSS wrote:
Chevroletfreak wrote:
Bu of course here there's really nothing I can do. If I don't end up selling it is there a good exhaust shop around here that wouldn't mind taking off the cats and running a straight pipe there?

Place that put together mine modified my exhaust setup as the new cats w/ the long tubes ended up right underneath brake and fuel lines, so they modded most of the piping ... should be able to take care of your small problem there easily ... they're over near Mannheim, so not really far away ...

"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you."
"Speed doesn't kill - suddenly becoming stationary on the other hand ..."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:45 pm 
No Life

Topless, we gotta talk man. I have to work the next couple of nights, but I will try to give you a call ASAP.