F-Body Europe

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:58 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Re: Just got back from the inspection place again.......
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:43 am 
Fast Newbie

I just got my car inspected in Wiesbaden, and much to my suprise it passed with no problem. He only said I had to replace a light for my license plate. He did'nt even check the sound level at all, and I dont even have muffelers. And I even have it lowered. He did take his time looking at the turbo's, but thats about it. Oh, and only have drag radials on the back too.

'03 Z06- Twin Turbo, 8 PSI, Dual Tial Wastgates, Tial BOV, SPEC Stage 3 clutch, Alum Flywheel, Hurst Shifter, Methanol Injection, Lingenfelter GT7 Cam, Comp 921 Springs, 2 Bar Map Enhanced Tune (Self Tuned) AEM Wide Band 02.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:59 am 
No Life

schnellttz06 wrote:
I just got my car inspected in Wiesbaden, and much to my suprise it passed with no problem. He only said I had to replace a light for my license plate. He did'nt even check the sound level at all, and I dont even have muffelers. And I even have it lowered. He did take his time looking at the turbo's, but thats about it. Oh, and only have drag radials on the back too.

That is nuts! I forsee a black SS going to weisbaden.

I cannot imagine ever getting away with drag radials here....much less lowering and Db.

Black 01 6spd SS # 5971 - AFR, FAST, Nick Williams, SLP, Kooks, Borla, Kirban, Spec, Moser, BMR, Spohn

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:01 am 
 YIM  Profile

Yeah I hear ya on the whole 11cm thing I had the same problem. I have TD 3" with longtubes and 3 point sub frames. I had eibach pro kit on I had to order some koni's for up front and jack it way up to pass the clearence test. but they didn't say anything about how loud my exhaust is. I cant wait for the motorweek here at spang to see how loud it is on the DB test. They will probably have polizei standing buy lol

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:11 pm 

02Z28InGermany wrote:
Yeah I hear ya on the whole 11cm thing I had the same problem. I have TD 3" with longtubes and 3 point sub frames. I had eibach pro kit on I had to order some koni's for up front and jack it way up to pass the clearence test. but they didn't say anything about how loud my exhaust is. I cant wait for the motorweek here at spang to see how loud it is on the DB test. They will probably have polizei standing buy lol

What color is your car? My car is due for inspection probably sometime next month and I hope that they don't do the db test on it. Mine isn't really that loud, but apparently my neighbors think so...lol.

When is motorweek?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:14 am 
 YIM  Profile

My car is white with the 2 black stripes over the front wheels. Motor week is next weekend Aug 8-9. But they didnt say anything about my exhaust so you should be fine.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:53 pm 

02Z28InGermany wrote:
My car is white with the 2 black stripes over the front wheels. Motor week is next weekend Aug 8-9. But they didnt say anything about my exhaust so you should be fine.

That's a sharp looking car. I drive the red trans am with the black 'mustang' rims. Nice seeing so many F-bodies here.

"Trans Ams are like beligerent, unrefined Corvettes."

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:19 pm 

Yeah, when I got here I only seen the gray one with black wheels but now I just see it sitting over in the BK parking lot. Jeremy I seen you wave the other day, but by the time I realized it was you it was too late. I have seen the white one though, sharp looking car!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:46 pm 

ole boy is down range right now... should be back in another month or so...(no Orange Camaro comments:-()

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:50 pm 

I think i might go to Wiesbaden and get my car through until this time next year so i can ship it... i am not going through all that again. Where is the inspection place and are they open on weekends?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:51 pm 

chieftransam wrote:
Yeah, when I got here I only seen the gray one with black wheels but now I just see it sitting over in the BK parking lot. Jeremy I seen you wave the other day, but by the time I realized it was you it was too late. I have seen the white one though, sharp looking car!

Unlike the poor white Firebird I see driving around. That poor car needs some TLC...makes me hurt inside..lol

"Trans Ams are like beligerent, unrefined Corvettes."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:00 pm 

USAF LS1 wrote:
chieftransam wrote:

Unlike the poor white Firebird I see driving around. That poor car needs some TLC...makes me hurt inside..lol

LOL wow, that car seriously needs a lot of TLC..omg.
theshadowed1 wrote:
ole boy is down range right now... should be back in another month or so...(no Orange Camaro comments:-()

Man, I drive by your shop every single day. I have not seen your car in a while though.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:31 pm 

i was in class all next week...and now exercise mode!!! yay fun!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:10 pm 

I'm hoping that maybe I can get exempt from it or something...not like it'll happen though.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:11 am 
Fast Newbie

I did have one problem with Wiesbaden, the inspection went well but they dont carry the small plates. But the good news is that Manheim will special order the small plates for you. Im not sure who else would really need the small ones but Im not going to screw the long plate into my bumper and destroy it like a lot of people do. Anyway, probably the best bet for everyone not local to Wiesbaden would be to just have them inspect it then take the inpection paper back to your office so you can still get the plate from your area. Oh, and by the way, they are not open on weekends and take the last car at 1500.

'03 Z06- Twin Turbo, 8 PSI, Dual Tial Wastgates, Tial BOV, SPEC Stage 3 clutch, Alum Flywheel, Hurst Shifter, Methanol Injection, Lingenfelter GT7 Cam, Comp 921 Springs, 2 Bar Map Enhanced Tune (Self Tuned) AEM Wide Band 02.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:52 pm 
Cool Newbie

You better have a good excuse for getting the small plates from the Mannheim folks. I thought I had a great excuse. The long ones in front will cover up a portion of my running/blinkers, and that fat ass big one in the front will be my curb feeler when parking. They didnt think it was a good enough excuse to get the small square plates all around. I have a 69, with factory plate holders.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:46 pm 
Fast Newbie

Well on the vettes they know that the plate sits inside the bumbers, so its not possible unless you want to bend the plate into a "U" shape. Mine is already approved and being made.