F-Body Europe

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:17 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Just got back from the inspection place again.......
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:18 pm 
Fast Newbie

Not only is it too low now but the emergency brake doesn't stop strong enough. hahaha Jesus Christ, these guys really need to get their "He said POOP" together. They didn't even check the emergency brake last time. Also I asked them where exactly it says how high the vehicle has to be and they pulled out USAEUR reg 190-1 app C. In the body section it does say 11cm for all metal parts of the car. I get back to my office and look for the reg online to make sure it was 11cm and in the same reg on the internet it doesn't say anything about height in the body section. I am thinking they are using the old reg at the vehicle inspection place that the one on the internet says it supersedes. I tried to call them and find out which version they were using but they were closed for the day. I am going to call them tomorrow and ask them about it. I'm sure they'll just say something about "well German reg says.. and we go by that" but it's worth a shot. Fixing this thing as it sits would just require some exhaust work and removing the subframe connectors so I'm thinking about $400 but I really don't want to spend any money right now.

2000 Camaro SS Conv. M6
*Sold*

Post subject: Re: Just got back from the inspection place again.......
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:19 pm 
Fast Newbie

haha, he said POOP

2000 Camaro SS Conv. M6
*Sold*

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:51 pm 

TopleSS wrote:
Not only is it too low now but the emergency brake doesn't stop strong enough. hahaha Jesus Christ, these guys really need to get their "He said POOP" together. They didn't even check the emergency brake last time. Also I asked them where exactly it says how high the vehicle has to be and they pulled out USAEUR reg 190-1 app C. In the body section it does say 11cm for all metal parts of the car. I get back to my office and look for the reg online to make sure it was 11cm and in the same reg on the internet it doesn't say anything about height in the body section. I am thinking they are using the old reg at the vehicle inspection place that the one on the internet says it supersedes. I tried to call them and find out which version they were using but they were closed for the day. I am going to call them tomorrow and ask them about it. I'm sure they'll just say something about "well German reg says.. and we go by that" but it's worth a shot. Fixing this thing as it sits would just require some exhaust work and removing the subframe connectors so I'm thinking about $400 but I really don't want to spend any money right now.

Well you should definitely call them back to verify which reg they are using, it is worth a shot. Let us know what they say.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:56 pm 
No Life

Fight the power! What springs did you say you had on there?

Also, was this on a re-inspection? Did you have the previous inspecction documents? If so, they are to only inspect what was supposed to be repaired from the last one.

One more thing, 11 CM is just over 4-1/4 inches. Is your car really that low? I would get the cats replaced with a pipe and leave the subframe connectors where they are. I have BMR boxed with no problem.

Black 01 6spd SS # 5971 - AFR, FAST, Nick Williams, SLP, Kooks, Borla, Kirban, Spec, Moser, BMR, Spohn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:24 pm 
Fast Newbie

Chevroletfreak wrote:
Fight the power! What springs did you say you had on there?

Also, was this on a re-inspection? Did you have the previous inspecction documents? If so, they are to only inspect what was supposed to be repaired from the last one.

One more thing, 11 CM is just over 4-1/4 inches. Is your car really that low? I would get the cats replaced with a pipe and leave the subframe connectors where they are. I have BMR boxed with no problem.

I have the strano springs on there. The car itself isn't that low at all. It's the exhaust that is making me fail and since they got the 11 cm block under there they noticed it hits the subframe connectors too. I need the exhaust to come up about an inch. The idiots that welded it all together back in the states didn't even try to route the exhaust through the indentions on the bottom of the car so it is really low. The QTP catted y just isn't thought out to well to begin with but the exhaust shop didn't do anything to make it fit better. They actually made it worse I think. They have the part with the cat on it coming off of the header angled down. :? Oh and I did have the previous inspection documents but the damn german guy looked at them like he didn't know what the "he said fornicate" they were, handed them to the military guy and then proceeded to drive the car around the lot doing the brake check.

2000 Camaro SS Conv. M6
*Sold*

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:52 pm 
No Life

TopleSS wrote:
Oh and I did have the previous inspection documents but the damn german guy looked at them like he didn't know what the "he said fornicate" they were, handed them to the military guy and then proceeded to drive the car around the lot doing the brake check.

Was it expired?

4 DEC 06 Army In Europe Reg 190-1
"C-3, c. A previously inspected vehicle will be re-inspected only for the deficiencies listed on the validated AE Form 190-1H or AE Form 190-1I."

Black 01 6spd SS # 5971 - AFR, FAST, Nick Williams, SLP, Kooks, Borla, Kirban, Spec, Moser, BMR, Spohn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:01 pm 
No Life

....and where did you find the height restriction? I know it is in there, but I cannot find it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:38 am 
Fast Newbie

Chevroletfreak wrote:
....and where did you find the height restriction? I know it is in there, but I cannot find it.

Nope it wasn't expired. They just don't know what they're doing. Oh and about the height requirement, the guy showed me where it said 11cm for metal parts in his copy of 190-1 but then when I got back and looked on the internet at what I would assume to be the most up to date version that supersedes all other versions there's nothing in there. That's exactly why I'm calling them when I get into work and asking them where exactly it says the height requirement. I bet you money they are using the old version of the reg. I was bsing with one of the guys that work there while they were looking at my car and he said he had never heard of there being a height requirement.

2000 Camaro SS Conv. M6
*Sold*

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:17 am 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

I don't think German TÃœV even has such a thing ... 11cm appears to be quite a bit though ... guess I'd fail with mine, too due to the location of the left cat ...

"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you."
"Speed doesn't kill - suddenly becoming stationary on the other hand ..."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:27 am 
Needs a Job
 ICQ  Profile

Garry wrote:
I don't think German TÃœV even has such a thing ... 11cm appears to be quite a bit though ... guess I'd fail with mine, too due to the location of the left cat ...

Exactly, we don't have that (contrary to Austria).

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:56 am 
Fast Newbie

Well I called them about it and they said the one on the internet is old and has been replaced by the one they have. Looks like there's no way around getting the exhaust redone.

2000 Camaro SS Conv. M6
*Sold*

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:06 am 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

Well, that should be a quick fix ...

"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:26 pm 
No Life

Did they say what the date was? They should be able to give you the date of the reg and the paragraph of the requirement.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:06 pm 
Headin' for a divorce

This the most current version from USAREUR/USAFE 4 Dec 06.http://www.fbodyeurope.org/gallery/8_aer190-1.pdf

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:54 pm 
No Life

Thats what I have also.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:48 am 
Fast Newbie

Yeah, that's the one that is online but not the one they have at the inspection place. I didn't get a chance to check the date on the one at the inspection place but when I called he assured me that it was the most recent one. He said it has already been brought up and taken up the chain and has been a big problem with that one not posted on the internet. It has been like that for months though. I don't see how just getting it posted on the internet can be such a problem. Is anyone heading over to the pulaski vehicle inspection next week? If so can you ask to see their reg and check the date on it? I got under my car and while the exhaust does hang too low there is no way I can get everything up 11cm unless I install different springs. My headers are about 10cm off the ground!!

2000 Camaro SS Conv. M6
*Sold*

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:50 pm 
No Life

They make rubber spacers to raise the car by the coil springs. I would buy a set and install them in the car, get it inspected and let her go. http://www.jcwhitney.com/Coil-Springs/G ... _10101.jcw

2013 Focus ST250 in the USA
1st car 77 Camaro Type Lt 5.0 auto

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:59 pm 
Fast Newbie

I tried the rubber spacers. They didn't raise the car much at all. For the front ones to work properly I think you would have to take the strut apart and that's more work then I am willing to do. Someone came and looked at the car today and I think they are definitly going to buy it as soon as I get the title in the mail. He said he will just install stock springs so that should fix the low exhaust problem. I'm going to miss her but it will be nice paying off my credit cards.

2000 Camaro SS Conv. M6
*Sold*

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:13 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

:( At least let him know about FBE ... or is it someone we already know?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:46 pm 
No Life

This is so frustrating to me man. If you had to sell then you had to do what is vest for you. Its the freakin inspection crap that they keep adding. There is absolutly no one fighting for the good to regulate their BS.

Is the car staying in the area?