F-Body Europe

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:25 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: web site modding?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 8:07 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

It's been a while since the website was set up, and I was wondering if a couple folks here would be interested in re-designing the site a bit ... and putting some new infos and stuff up ...

Anybody?

"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you."
"Speed doesn't kill - suddenly becoming stationary on the other hand ..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 8:54 pm 
 YIM  Profile

I'm up for it and here until November. I'll help where I can. Plus, I'm computer illiterate somewhat. My wife is always on the computer and said she'd help too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 9:22 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

At the moment, I guess we just need to think about what we want/need changed ... depending on what all we want the site to include, it might even be a good idea to use some type of CMS to allow multiple people to administer a certain part of the site ... any thoughts/wishes?

"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 7:31 am 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  Profile

Hell yes.. I've been thinking about this for a while now.. We need to get a new main page picture for sure. I love those guys, but they're all gone now. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 10:00 am 
 YIM  Profile

I agree. But we have to wait until I get mine out of the body shop. Never mind scratch that, I will be leaving soon and we'll be in the same boat as now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 10:11 am 
No Life
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Garry, let me know what you need! I may be able to help :)

02' LE SS #3034/35th #1281. GMMG, SLP Box, CAI, 85mm MAF. BMR STB, EBC rotors, GreenStuff brake pads. PAC SWI-X Steering wheel controls, Pwr ant, Gentex auto dimming mirror w/ compass & temp:) DGoetz Fab SFCs, Tunnel brace.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 2:32 pm 
Needs a Job
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

idea for the main page:

put a car-pic of everyone of the members there,
the newer on top, keep the older/gone ones moving down but not forgetting them... would be great if there was the *join FBE*
and *leave Europe* month/year next to the pic

there is only a hand full of people staying here, while the majority of the FBE members move in and out, that would be reflected by such.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 3:41 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

Cool idea ... except maybe for the main entry page, just a collage of as many member rides as possible, the list with the Europe in&out in the member area or so ...?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 7:55 pm 
 YIM  Profile

Sounds good with the collage idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 9:48 pm 
No Life
 ICQ  YIM  Profile

JackZ28 wrote:
I love those guys, but they're all gone now. :)

Isn't that you on the end there? Looks like Roy is in there also. :D

Rob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 9:54 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

Yup, guess that's him, 5th from the left ... would be cool to get 13 members with their F-Body together on a pic ... or maybe more ... guess the last time we had that many members in one place was Nürnberg '01 or so ... :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 8:33 am 
No Life
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

I could help, too.
I´m no real pro, but some people pay me money to do their website, graphic, animation stuff ;) If you need Flash or a new design, I could try something.

Garry wrote:
At the moment, I guess we just need to think about what we want/need changed ... depending on what all we want the site to include, it might even be a good idea to use some type of CMS to allow multiple people to administer a certain part of the site ... any thoughts/wishes?

Good idea. What I don´t like about a CMS is, that for example all sites done with PHP nuke look pretty much the same even if you change the graphics etc...

1990 Chevy Beretta GTZ, back on the road in the year 2057

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 9:42 am 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

I'm still a long way from selecting what I would want to use (if any) ... depends on what we come up with and want to do with the site ... I just think it needs some more activity on the main pages to reflect the pretty good participation (at least viewers) of the board ... 400 Users on the forum as of yesterday or so!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 4:43 pm 
 YIM  Profile

Ok like I've brought up many, many times before, I am some what computer illiterate (see most of my posts!). But, I had a good idea (I think), I don't know about making web sites or what it takes, and will commend those who do,

As soon as someone logs on, instead of the old picture or a collage or something, have live footage of FBE racing at Bitburg, past and present collage popping up between, with a song in the back round, squealing tires, reving engines, and that sort. Then at the end of the little FBE intro they'll see the FBE logo :lol: :lol: :lol: !!!

Or, using the video idea, when you click on "Members" there is a little video of their ride or them making a pass on the track..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 7:42 pm 

I am for it - but some computers might not be able to download all that stuff and as a result, errors or missing sections might appear. All that stuff complicates things.

I am 100% for it, even though the current website set up is very visually comfortable for my light sensitive eyes and I have no problems with it.

I also agree that there is stuff here on the site that has a lot of people that are either gone or no longer active with FBE.

If you want my two cents- just keep it easy on the eyes. Pretty please, with sugar on top.

2005 Suzuki GSX-R 1000

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 9:30 pm 
 YIM  Profile

I agree with you sven, I would like it to be kept easy on the eyes and my computer, but, for a different approach on things...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 1:48 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

OK, had a look at a couple CMS programs around, and found one that look suitable ... guess I will try to set it up when I have some spare time and see what we can work out there ... it will allow for people to get more involved, writing some articles or tech docs or stuff, which will be presented a bit better in the portal site than on the forum here ... at the moment, all I'm actually missing is a calendar, but there might be a plugin for that ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 4:29 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  Profile

No Rob, unfortunately that was the day after I had my second accident. :( I was so looking forward to being there I almost cried. That was like one of, if not the first meeting.