F-Body Europe

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:44 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Chapters
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 12:37 am 
 YIM  Profile

You know, with Germany being so big and we have a lot of members, how about splitting into chapters. Alot of people want to get ot and crise when others don't. If we use K-town as the mother place and break everything down into chapters, I bet weould have bigger turn-out rates at the strip, auto crossing, and just meeting up and bs-ing. Anyways, what happen to those days of going to K-town and just hanging out?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 9:22 pm 
No Life
 WWW  YIM  Profile

I posted about the same thing in August, everyone was real receptive to the idea :roll: Below is what I wrote:

"Thanks for bringing this post to my attention! I too love F-bodies! I can't imagine not having my SS!!!

As for the original topic, I am willing to get involved/help in any way I possibly can! I think one of the things that is killing us, at this point is distance! Maybe we need to work on regional recruitment/get togethers?

For instance, there are a few F-bods around here, in Stuttgart. I would be interested in getting some flyers to put on some of the cars I see around here! I have been thininkg about starting a car club here local, but would rather keep it Fbod if at all possible, and prefferably, it be the Baden Württemberg Chapter of FBE. Then, we could do cruises from here, to a central location, were the seperate chapters could meet as one Big ol' FBE meet!!! Its real easy to say, yeah let all meet in Ramstein or Vilsek but it quickly becomes a goatrope if you are not familiar or within an hour of either location. I want to see the club evolve, let me know what I need to do to help!!! "

Maybe you will have better luck than I did!!!

Larry

02' LE SS #3034/35th #1281. GMMG, SLP Box, CAI, 85mm MAF. BMR STB, EBC rotors, GreenStuff brake pads. PAC SWI-X Steering wheel controls, Pwr ant, Gentex auto dimming mirror w/ compass & temp:) DGoetz Fab SFCs, Tunnel brace.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 9:38 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

Problem here is that ATM, FBE isn't really that big (at least when counting active europe located members) to have chapters that will not instantly dissolve due to low number of participants ...

"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you."
"Speed doesn't kill - suddenly becoming stationary on the other hand ..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 9:50 am 
 YIM  Profile

Maybe one or two people from given areas could start. I've got a bunch of little fbe logos w/the website on it I'm gonna start putting under wiper blades to kind of advertise.

Post subject: Re: Chapters
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 12:48 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  Profile

zcam94 wrote:
Anyways, what happen to those days of going to K-town and just hanging out?

I often wonder that myself. Of course it sucks when you don't have a car to show up with. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 2:45 pm 
 YIM  Profile

Yeah thats true. I'm gonna try to get something set up for the middle of October around this area. Maybe just a little cruise and photo shoot. Maybe even cause hell and havoc!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 4:12 am 
Needs a Job
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

You know the last chance of this years big come together over 3 days and racing opportunity is this coming weekend in Bitburg,
I mean all could just show up as a club at least for one time - I know it is far for some, but there is the opportunity to have some good club pictures taken, burnout pictures, racing pictures, slalom pictures.
Garry even takes videos with the Reaction Time and ET Time on the quarter mile showing in the video.
If you just want to come and meet and not race... it is only 2 Euro entrance fee per adult for all weekend, no matter if you stay overnight on the side camping or if you go find a hotel (price range 20 - 80 Euro) and come back the next day.
I do not like to run advertisements here, but everybody is talking about the club and a come together, and then it is always just a few individuals, and sometimes not even finding each other because some show up Saturday, some show up Sunday, some of us can not bring their Fbody.
(Garry has to leave'em in the garage because of transporting Equipment with the Jeep, and I travel there with the Nissan - the Fbody does not pull the 2.5 ton trailer)
However, I suggest to show up this one time and have a corner just for the Club, representing the Club, and show that FBE is not only existing on this website.
Or what kind of club meeting is it when there is two meeting in Giebelstadt, two meeting in Stuttgart, two meeting in Kaiserslautern?

Sorry. Had to say this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 5:59 am 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

Nothing more to add to that, Silke!

"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 10:32 am 
Needs a Job
 YIM  Profile

I've been asking around here, and there seems to be alot of interest in the club. I'm thinking of putting an ad in the Kaiserslatern American. Maybe we could have a few winter meeting somewhere. I know not many people will be driving their F-bodies, but I'm sure peopel will want to at least talk about them.

Any ideas?

In fact, does anyone have a graphic or something to put in the ad?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 10:47 am 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

Two years ago we had a great meeting near K-Town for Christmas, and last fall Bruce had a party at his place down in Vielseck ...
Dunno if it will turn out as the Spring tour we planed last year, but how about a little fall cruise? Is there any US holiday/long weekend coming up? Preferably before end of October so I can still drive my 'maro ... ;)