F-Body Europe

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:14 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: New Web Site Creation
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 8:50 pm 
Fast Newbie

Garry,

Hello from el paso tx. Phoenix95 and RT1 are both stationed in ft bliss tx. We were sad to discover that there were no f-body clubs here. So he and I are going to start one of our own. We are struggling right now to get off our feet but we are managing. We created our first flyer last night and we are going to distrubute them at the local drag strip in hopes of getting some members.

My question is do you have any information, links, clip art, general knowledge or anything that would help us create this web page and/or club. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

We would like to have the club/web page up and running before the summer season. There are a lot of fbody's here and we believe that there is potential for another great fbody club.

Thanks in advance for all of your help.

Phoenix95 (chris) RT1 (robert)

The temporary email for the club is fbodyep@hotmail.com

'95 Firebird formula: Moroso Cold Air Induction, Hypertech Power Tuning, MSD Super Conductor Wires, Vortec Intake Elbow, Edelbrock TES Headers, Edelbrock 3" Cat Back, Eaton HD Posi Diff, 3.42 gears, Tranny Upgrade, De-screened MAF, 2.5k rpm Torque Conv

Post subject: Re: New Web Site Creation
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 9:13 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

Phoenix95 wrote:
My question is do you have any information, links, clip art, general knowledge or anything that would help us create this web page and/or club. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Well, what exactly do you need? I don't have too much clipart, I usually fix stuff up when I need it ...
I can give you a hand setting up a server, easiest way to set one up is probably to use any HTML site tool (like HotMetal, Adobe GoLive, FrontPage (yuck)), maybe using a pre-made template set ... downside of that is that it's harder to keep up if you want to get people involved in writing pages for it ... you could go CMS as I started with FBE, which has a lot of potential as to extenability and multi-user editing, but is a bit harder to get set up first ...
Do you have any webspace yet? I could supply some temporary storage if you just want to get started messing around, could then move over to a permament place ...
Quote:
We would like to have the club/web page up and running before the summer season. There are a lot of fbody's here and we believe that there is potential for another great fbody club.

Either way, good luck with recruiting!

"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you."
"Speed doesn't kill - suddenly becoming stationary on the other hand ..."