F-Body Europe

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:00 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: 4l80e
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:48 pm 
Cool Newbie

Any one have one or know where maybe I can find one? Junkyards in your areas maybe? There has to be a van or truck hiding somewhere with one.

Any help appreciated.

Post subject: Re: 4l80e
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:32 pm 
No Life

What happened???? Were you not able to fix yours? I will definitely keep an eye out.

Black 01 6spd SS # 5971 - AFR, FAST, Nick Williams, SLP, Kooks, Borla, Kirban, Spec, Moser, BMR, Spohn

Post subject: Re: 4l80e
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:40 am 
Cool Newbie

I got it fixed (I hope)...just don't have it back in the car yet....it seems to be the general consensus that by taking the stock cooler out of the picture I overheated it causing the 3/4 clutches to slip and burn up. I threw new z-pack clutches, overhaul kit and filter in there but I'm waiting on a new cooler (28,000 gvw :mrgreen: ) to put in series with my current one. Also have a triple pilar gauge pod on the way with a tranny gauge so I can see what temps are.

The only negative is I might have to lose the SLP ram air scoop to fit the monster cooler in there but its a trade I might have to deal with.

A 4l80e would be nice to have so I could have some time to rebuild it in the event the 60 cant hold up. (Im not too confident as this is the 3rd 4l60e (second built one) the maro has eaten. Would be nice to just set it and forget it with the 80 if I could accept the parasitic loss on HP. Oh well....have to wait and see what she does when all the goodies are here