F-Body Europe

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:37 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Gorgeous, beautiful, perfect, absolutely amazing!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:54 pm 
No Life

While heading home today from Vogelweh, I was crossing through the intersection near the school. Out of the reaches of the corner of my eye, I spotted an orange glimpse in the far distance. I quickly cut across traffic and busted a "U"ie.

When I arrived at the back of the autoparts store parking lot I was overjoyed to see..... my first glimpse of an SRT8 Challenger. I really have no clue how it caught my attention from 2 parking lots away and behind 8 other parked vehicles, but there it stood! Brand spankin' new and fresh off the ship.

All I can say is it SURPASSED my expectations....by FAR! It is absolutely AMAZING!

After seeing it, I am not even remotely interested in the new Camaro.....really!

Anyone want to buy the SS? It is ready for whatever you can put under the hood. I can work an awesome deal if you take it and the Suburban.

Black 01 6spd SS # 5971 - AFR, FAST, Nick Williams, SLP, Kooks, Borla, Kirban, Spec, Moser, BMR, Spohn

Post subject: Re: Gorgeous, beautiful, perfect, absolutely amazing!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:24 pm 

So now you want a SRT8 Challenger?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:58 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

... wait till you see the Camaro ;)

"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you."
"Speed doesn't kill - suddenly becoming stationary on the other hand ..."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:07 pm 
No Life

I have always wanted the Challenger. This just completly confirmed it. I have located a silver 08, but I would really prefer an 09. The 08's are only available in automatic and apparently have an open differential. I know the 09's can get the 6-speed, bu I have not found any info about the diff yet.

I really do have a SSickneSS. I have a need for fast, gas hogging, performance cars. That is where my SS's name came from. Performance/function is my SSickneSS. I just cannot help myself.

Additional proof is the 4 vehicles I have now. I have SSickneSS as my need for fun and speed, the Suburban for awesome travelling, the BMW as a true beater, and the classic mini as a fun project car.

Garry, I really don't know about the new Camaro. for some reason it just does not satisfy my SSickneSS. It never really has just hit the spot. We will see.

Black 01 6spd SS # 5971 - AFR, FAST, Nick Williams, SLP, Kooks, Borla, Kirban, Spec, Moser, BMR, Spohn

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:14 am 
 YIM  Profile

Chevroletfreak wrote:
I have always wanted the Challenger. This just completly confirmed it. I have located a silver 08, but I would really prefer an 09. The 08's are only available in automatic and apparently have an open differential. I know the 09's can get the 6-speed, bu I have not found any info about the diff yet.

I really do have a SSickneSS. I have a need for fast, gas hogging, performance cars. That is where my SS's name came from. Performance/function is my SSickneSS. I just cannot help myself.

Additional proof is the 4 vehicles I have now. I have SSickneSS as my need for fun and speed, the Suburban for awesome travelling, the BMW as a true beater, and the classic mini as a fun project car.

Garry, I really don't know about the new Camaro. for some reason it just does not satisfy my SSickneSS. It never really has just hit the spot. We will see.

I drove one and they are sweet on the inside and power is NICE, but they sit the reve limiter too low:( Right when it starts pulling HARD, it hits the limiter, wait for the six speed, and they alreayd have a slew of parts for it. I've considered it as well, but don't have that kinda coin:(

The new Camaro doesn't do it for me either, they softened the lines too much, if they had kept it like hte concept, it would have been worth it, but the new pic's it looks to tame:(

Damn shame too because the opitions and the engine trans etc. are insane on the maro.

I am also a mustang guy, but a gearhead and have always respected and like Mopars...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:40 am 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

"Fifth Gear"'s test wasn't too nice on the suspension IIRC ... and a couple other minor things (check on the link I posted a couple weeks ago ...)
Apart from that, the general looks & motor are pretty cool on the Challenger ...

"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you."
"Speed doesn't kill - suddenly becoming stationary on the other hand ..."