F-Body Europe

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:49 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: A4 to M6
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:33 pm 
Fast Newbie
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Any one out there interested in a one for one swap. My A4 fo your M6 setup?

ZO6 SLVR 17X9.5 on all4, Kuhmo, Koni sngl adj., Eibach 1.5drop, PowerSlot Rotors,Hawkpads

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:16 pm 

hhmmm your just a bit too late.
now i allready modified my transmissiontunnel and some other stuff, but i would have preferred an automatic :cry:

if you're not breaking parts , you are not making enough power
When in doubt, increase boost !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:01 am 
Cool Newbie

m6's are more fun!

Post subject: Re: A4 to M6
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:34 am 
Cool Newbie

Stalled A4's win races :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:58 am 
No Life

Is that what you think boa? Bring it on man! :bash:

Black 01 6spd SS # 5971 - AFR, FAST, Nick Williams, SLP, Kooks, Borla, Kirban, Spec, Moser, BMR, Spohn

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:20 pm 
Cool Newbie

Chevroletfreak wrote:
Is that what you think boa? Bring it on man! :bash:

lol! If you can shift faster than a computer AND can keep your plugs dry bring it lol!!! :burnout:

Various quotes on ls1

"your not goin to beat the torque multiplication of a high stalled auto. period. all you can do, at best, is get 100% of your power to the ground. IF you can do that, then your et's will be good, but still not as good as exact same car w/a4 and the right stall convertor. yes, they mph and dyno higher, but who cares about that? neither one will win you a drag race."

"I went from stalled A4 to M6....now im switching back to the A4. It all depends on what you want to do with the car. Me I want a fast car with a stock rear-end."

"I swapped from an M6 to a stock A4 with stock converter because I was tired of shifting and tired of destroying clutches trying to launch at the track. With the stock A4 I was very happy(until it broke). I now have a built A4 with a Yank SS 3600, and I will NEVER go back to an M6. Torque multiplication wins hands down, and even at part throttle in second gear this thing pulls harder than my M6 ever did in second."

"Agree with the A4 stalled statements. Will beat a M6 all day long evenly matched or even unevenly matched for the A4"

"I wish people would be more clear when they say "A4 for racing"...go try to road race with an A4 car...they won't let you...least not everywhere I race...they let you autocross...but unless you can get it to stay in 2nd (not go back to 1st ever) you'll be pretty slow when it's hunting up and down between 1 and 2 instead of just pushing you out of the corner in 2. Drag racing is fun, and it's probably the type of racing I do most often, and an auto will work best there...but I enjoy autocrossing and roadracing as well...and I can balance the chassis a LOT better in and out of corners with a T56 than I can with any automatic.

If I wanted to seriously drag race it to actually win stuff (like money or something I guess) then yeah, I'd want an A4...but since my trips to the dragstrip are 99% just for the fun of going, the M6 car is for me. I'd like to think I CAN indeed drive a stick car very very well...and I wouldn't ever say I can launch it as hard as a car with an A4 (with a good converter) and an otherwise identical car..it's all personal preference...I even spent an hoursitting in stop and go traffic today with the M6...I didn't mind it 1 bit."

Just some fun reading :mrgreen: Ive always had manuals before and was kind of turned off on autos until this car....I cant wait to put a 3200-3600 yank in there...it will be rediculous...just have to figure out my vibration problem under braking first.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:03 pm 
No Life

Quote:

lol! If you can shift faster than a computer AND can keep your plugs dry bring it lol!!! :burnout:

I guess I should have expected that huh? :pat:

Quote:
Various quotes on ls1

"your not goin to beat the torque multipli....blah...blah...blah"

Yeah, yeah that is all hearsay.

Black 01 6spd SS # 5971 - AFR, FAST, Nick Williams, SLP, Kooks, Borla, Kirban, Spec, Moser, BMR, Spohn

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:57 pm 

"high stalled auto"

thats not very well suited for anything else then a dragstrip :ok:

never seen an automatic that was quick on a roadcourse or any other track that required you to move the steering wheel too :P
with an auto you can't put the torque a v8 puts out to good use because it will just downshift

I would hate it if i came across this road in an automatic..

if you're not breaking parts , you are not making enough power
When in doubt, increase boost !

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:11 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

what a view :)

"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you."
"Speed doesn't kill - suddenly becoming stationary on the other hand ..."

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:13 pm 
Headin' for a divorce

That would still be one hell of a berg rennen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:15 am 
Cool Newbie

jeejee wrote:
"high stalled auto"

thats not very well suited for anything else then a dragstrip :ok:

never seen an automatic that was quick on a roadcourse or any other track that required you to move the steering wheel too :P
with an auto you can't put the torque a v8 puts out to good use because it will just downshift

I would hate it if i came across this road in an automatic..

WOW :shock: I will have to agree that that particular road would be horrible unless you had a FMVB. On the other hand since 99.999% of the world never sees a road like that (unless your in a skyline drifting :mrgreen: ) and the majority of people who have the urge to race do it from either stop light to stop light or from a roll on the highway, a stalled auto will ensure success. Dont get me wrong, I love manuals (this is my first auto) but I get to A: give the left foot a brake from the triple clutch 300 times a day and more importantly B: keep the shifter hand (AKA the boob hand) free from shifting at all times :ok: lol

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:42 pm 

Also remember, not to get too far off topic, alot of all the high end exotics have semi-autos. All a paddle shift is is a manuel assisted automatic. The Bugatti, Alot of Ferraris, Lambos, R8s: majority use a dual clutch type of electronicaly controlled autmatic trans with a manual control. So, i think those autos will stomp all over regual manule gate shifter. Of course those cars will stomp ALL over us normal or even mildly modified f-bodys for that matter lol :)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:49 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

Yeah, that stomping-action is more based on the HP and Torque and less on the tranny ...
I've only driven Auto-trannys in rentals before ... haven't got a feeling on how to launch them on the track ... on the manual, clutch, rev it up to the desired point, then release the clutch ... on a stock A4, with the low-rpm stall speed, I don't really have a clue on how to get the revs up a bit for a decent launch (or do you go to neutral and just push it in to drive to launch?)
Also, not sure on how long an A4 will take the beating once you get the HP up a bit from the stock motor ...

"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:24 pm 
Headin' for a divorce

JoshuaGrooms83 wrote:
Also remember, not to get too far off topic, alot of all the high end exotics have semi-autos. All a paddle shift is is a manuel assisted automatic. The Bugatti, Alot of Ferraris, Lambos, R8s: majority use a dual clutch type of electronicaly controlled autmatic trans with a manual control. So, i think those autos will stomp all over regual manule gate shifter. Of course those cars will stomp ALL over us normal or even mildly modified f-bodys for that matter lol :)

Joshua, do a little more research on the Bugatti , Audis, and Lambos and you will se it is a electronically controlled manual transmission. My Volkswagen runs the same transmission in principle as the bugatti and it is dual clutch electronically controlled manual transmission.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:29 pm 
Headin' for a divorce

Garry wrote:
Yeah, that stomping-action is more based on the HP and Torque and less on the tranny ...
I've only driven Auto-trannys in rentals before ... haven't got a feeling on how to launch them on the track ... on the manual, clutch, rev it up to the desired point, then release the clutch ... on a stock A4, with the low-rpm stall speed, I don't really have a clue on how to get the revs up a bit for a decent launch (or do you go to neutral and just push it in to drive to launch?)
Also, not sure on how long an A4 will take the beating once you get the HP up a bit from the stock motor ...

Garry most of the performance versions of the manual matics have a launch control feature built in . It just that you have to activate it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:32 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

I was referring to F-Body A4's ... or other "regular" automatic transmissions

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:23 am 
Cool Newbie
 WWW  Profile

yep we've done it in a camaro Z28.
(the red one in pitburg)

-Corvette C5 MN6(ARH 1-3/4 Headers, Callaway Honker, TI muffler, pfadt Sway bars, Textralia OZ Clutch Grip Z, Pfadt suspensions, TFS 215 Head, VRX5 Cam, Ported FAST 92 / LS2 TB,Hp tuner Tuned, ... = 445 rwhp on mustang dyno) http://www.corvettecircus.com

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:05 am 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

How long did it take you?

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:44 am 
 WWW  Profile

EvilLS_X wrote:
m6's are more fun!

Agree, I have a 02 WS.6 that is auto. Wish it was an M6, so much work is involved changing it to an M6. Not sure if I'm going to ever do it.