F-Body Europe

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:43 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: I need tune help
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:27 pm 
Fast Newbie

Anyone in the local area near Kaiserslautern have tuning software that can adjust mine? I am willing to pay. I had my cam installed recently (well before the car was shippied here) and everytime I start it it's like the computer has been reset and it takes a few minutes to find idle. It doesn't throw any codes or anything and it runs fine once it's warmed up but as soon as you turn it off it does the same thing again on the next startup. So yeah, if anyone can help me out I would really appreciate it. Tschuse

2000 Camaro SS Conv. M6
*Sold*

Post subject: Re: I need tune help
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:35 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

Could help out, but closest person with a tune soft/hardware is probably Roy ...

"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you."
"Speed doesn't kill - suddenly becoming stationary on the other hand ..."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:25 pm 
Fast Newbie

Garry wrote:
Could help out, but closest person with a tune soft/hardware is probably Roy ...

Well if you get a chance and are in the local area sometime soon let me know. I really would like to get this taken care of. I did get with someone on here that said it would be $100 to buy a credit to tune my car and I said that sounded good but then never heard anything back from them. I was going to sell the car so I really didn't worry about it. Now that I'm keeping it for at least the time being I would like to get it taken care of as soon as someone can help me out.

2000 Camaro SS Conv. M6
*Sold*

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:48 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

I did have everything with me in Bitburg last weekend :(
May be down for the get-together that HotRodRedneck suggested ...

"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you."
"Speed doesn't kill - suddenly becoming stationary on the other hand ..."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:58 pm 
Fast Newbie

Garry wrote:
I did have everything with me in Bitburg last weekend :(
May be down for the get-together that HotRodRedneck suggested ...

Yeah last weekend wasn't good. Actually the car is still sitting in the garage registered as non op. I was going to get temp plates again today but work has been crazy. Hopefully I can make it down there next week and then have my buddy inspect the car :wink:. I'm glad you posted about the get together. I'll be there.

2000 Camaro SS Conv. M6
*Sold*

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:21 pm 
Fast Newbie

I am from the Darmstadt area and I can help you with your tune. If you are running a stock tune still Im sure that the rest of your tune will need to be corrected as well. Usually a bigger cam will lean out your AFR under WOT which can result in loss of power and even burn holes in your pistons. Your fuel trims will also be quite off as well. I have a twin turbo Z06 Ive been tuning for the past three years with HP Tuners and it works quite well.

'03 Z06- Twin Turbo, 8 PSI, Dual Tial Wastgates, Tial BOV, SPEC Stage 3 clutch, Alum Flywheel, Hurst Shifter, Methanol Injection, Lingenfelter GT7 Cam, Comp 921 Springs, 2 Bar Map Enhanced Tune (Self Tuned) AEM Wide Band 02.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:01 pm 
Fast Newbie

schnellttz06 wrote:
I am from the Darmstadt area and I can help you with your tune. If you are running a stock tune still Im sure that the rest of your tune will need to be corrected as well. Usually a bigger cam will lean out your AFR under WOT which can result in loss of power and even burn holes in your pistons. Your fuel trims will also be quite off as well. I have a twin turbo Z06 Ive been tuning for the past three years with HP Tuners and it works quite well.

How much will you charge and when can you do it? It is not the stock tune. The cam was put in by a company in TX that is well known for doing great work and they swear the tune was good when it left their shop. They would be fixing the problem if not for the fact that the car is now half way across the world. I'm thinking the problem is just with the idle. My phone # is 016091872052. Give me a call and maybe we can work out a time to get together and get it taken care of. I really would like to get it done soon. Thanks.

2000 Camaro SS Conv. M6
*Sold*

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:17 pm 
Fast Newbie

Do you know if the shop that did the work locked your tune? That would be a show stopper. Also, did the car run this way from the begining after the cam install or is it something new? I would need the license from HPTuners for your car, probably a hundred bucks. Then if you come down to Darmstadt I'd work the idle issue for fifty, and we could do a quick check on your LTFTs and your WOT AFR. Either Tuesday (11th) or possibly next weekend would work for me. Let me know.

'03 Z06- Twin Turbo, 8 PSI, Dual Tial Wastgates, Tial BOV, SPEC Stage 3 clutch, Alum Flywheel, Hurst Shifter, Methanol Injection, Lingenfelter GT7 Cam, Comp 921 Springs, 2 Bar Map Enhanced Tune (Self Tuned) AEM Wide Band 02.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:15 pm 
Fast Newbie

schnellttz06 wrote:
Do you know if the shop that did the work locked your tune? That would be a show stopper. Also, did the car run this way from the begining after the cam install or is it something new? I would need the license from HPTuners for your car, probably a hundred bucks. Then if you come down to Darmstadt I'd work the idle issue for fifty, and we could do a quick check on your LTFTs and your WOT AFR. Either Tuesday (11th) or possibly next weekend would work for me. Let me know.

I'm pretty sure the shop said they didn't lock the tune when I spoke to them. The car has done this since I got it. Of course after the car was tuned my brother picked it up and put it on a boat for a month to ship it over here. He can't tell me whether or not it was doing it when he picked it up. He said he didn't notice anything out of the ordinary but he also said he doesn't know what ordinary is for my car. Big help there. Tuesday would be great if you can do it then. Does it take a while to get the license or can you have it by then? I can paypal you the money and then we can set up a place to meet. Let me know by either phone or posting on here or and email to camaro_brad22@yahoo.com Thanks a lot!

2000 Camaro SS Conv. M6
*Sold*

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:53 am 
Fast Newbie

Well this will have to wait until at least next weekend. I went to get the car registered so I could get temp plates to drive up there tomorrow and of course vehicle registration's computers are down. I hate this place. :ok:

2000 Camaro SS Conv. M6
*Sold*

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:11 pm 

You've got to love the registration office here. They are rediculously slow on everything they do. I had to get my car inspected like 4 times before it would pass. So I'm not surprised that the computers are down.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:25 pm 
Fast Newbie

Yeah the registration places here arent any better. Next weekend is ok. You may have another problem with the car, if it didnt do this after the first tune. But as youre not sure I can still do a diag on your car and some data logging first without having to get the license. And in the mean time you might wanna check for any vacuum leaks, as they can cause idle problems as well. Check your hose that goes to the brake booster and make sure the map sensor behind the intake is still seated. As for the license, I have credits that I already bought so we can read and calibrate your tune as soon as I connect my laptop. Paypal works but cash is better, Ill email you so you have my address.