F-Body Europe

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:47 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: New update on SSickneSS
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:54 pm 
No Life

- I have now been without a motor since July. Thats 7 freakin months.

- TTP in NJ (the builder) has totally blown me off and will not help in anyway.

- The previous owner finally responded back and made an attempt at helping, but has now not responded for 2 weeks. I guess he is done with me also.

- My original goal was to have my new motor running and tuned by 1APR. Now the builder is having problems getting me an L92 block. I guess that is due to the major slow down of production by GM.

So, that leaves me with an expensive and useless vehicle taking up precious garage space. This thing has drained me dry and I don't know when I will be able to get it going again. My biggest concerns now are getting an L92 block for my builder so I can get it going soon, getting a good tune to start the motor safely, and determining what could have caused this mess so I can make sure it does not happen again!

Here is my question/comment. I got a filter cutter to open up the oil filter that was on the car when it self destructed. It was put on the car about 100 miles before the incident. What I found was a horribly pretty glitter of bronze specs with a couple of metal flakes. I am assumming the aluminum looking flakes are from the engine desintigrating and the glitter is from the bearings. Obviously, this could have all happened after the explosion, but does that point to anything? Is there anything else I can look at?

I still believe it was builder error....especially after the reaction I got. Regaurdless, I have to figure out what happened so it does not happen again. This has put an amazing toll on me, my wife and the finances. I am going to stay away from the dragstrip (I said try). All I want to get done this year is a couple of car shows and maybe a trip or two to the ring. Please help me determine what happened.

Black 01 6spd SS # 5971 - AFR, FAST, Nick Williams, SLP, Kooks, Borla, Kirban, Spec, Moser, BMR, Spohn

Post subject: Re: New update on SSickneSS
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:24 pm 
No Life

Brian, if all you need is a block, recommend you contact Bill Markovich at www.partszoneonline.com. They are great people to work with and he has been able to help me out several times. A couple of months ago he even got me a set of the embroidered seat covers for my car. Their prices are also better than most places. Go on their website and click on contact to get their phone number. I have been totally satisfied with their service. When we had a minor accident in Linda's truck and needed a fender and rear bumper, I ordered it from them and they even opened the box for the fender and put the bumper in it to save me some shipping. Good people.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:50 am 
No Life

Thanks for the heads-up. I am kind f at the mercy of my builder though. I am sure he has places that he goes through to get the best price for his biz.

Black 01 6spd SS # 5971 - AFR, FAST, Nick Williams, SLP, Kooks, Borla, Kirban, Spec, Moser, BMR, Spohn

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:26 am 
Fast Newbie

Buy yourself an old beater to run about in this summer while you're waiting.

You can pick up a reasonable 3rd gen for between €2-3k and then just move it on when yours comes back from the doctors.

I'm actually selling my 3rd gen Firebird for €1500 but it does needs the exhaust bolting up to the manifold (I snapped a stud when renewing the gaskets). German registered and TUV & AU til 2010. Could deliver.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:49 am 
No Life

Well, I am leaving in about a year so I gotta get it going for this summer. It is in the hands of the builder right now.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:16 pm 
No Life

You might mention them to your builder. I doubt he could find a new block any cheaper. My experience with them has been that they are a little more than GM Parts Direct, but the shipping is a lot cheaper so the overall price is lower. Have you already paid for the block? If so, I'd see if the builder will give you that portion of your money back and buy it on your own and have it shipped to them. If he is hunting for a used block, good luck. It may take a while.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:29 pm 
No Life

I just checked Partszoneonline.com and their price for the block is about $1540. That does not include any honing that would be needed. No idea on shipping though. Are they going to build the engine for you or just send you the block? Scoggin Dickey shows them for 1399. They could also do the honing if you are assembling it yourself. Shipping to Germany wouldn't be too expensive.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:33 am 
No Life

I am having the engine built and shipped over here. I am being charged $1360 for the new block, but I will give the builder the info. Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:45 pm 

Chevroletfreak wrote:
I am having the engine built and shipped over here. I am being charged $1360 for the new block, but I will give the builder the info. Thanks.

Maybe of some help, http://www.britishamericanengines.co.uk ... efault.asp

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:17 pm 
Fast Newbie

This would be the best bulder in Germany. Dont be afraid to assemble the engine yourself. Ive done all my own work and never had a problem. I had a buddy that always paid reputable shops for his work and always had catastrophic failures. Nobody cares about your car more than you.

http://www.henriks-racing.de/

'03 Z06- Twin Turbo, 8 PSI, Dual Tial Wastgates, Tial BOV, SPEC Stage 3 clutch, Alum Flywheel, Hurst Shifter, Methanol Injection, Lingenfelter GT7 Cam, Comp 921 Springs, 2 Bar Map Enhanced Tune (Self Tuned) AEM Wide Band 02.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:15 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Does that mean you are offering to help??? I have a new blower cam coming, need help installing too, haha
the specs are:
Comp Cams XTREME RPM HIGH LIFT XR265HR - 212/218 - .558/.563 w 1.7 rocker - 115 LSA
Hydraulic roller - Great street LS6 replacement camshaft. Very wide power range, good drivability, and excellent response.
RPM range 1400 - 6700

04 LS6 block, random tech high flow cats, Vararam air intake, LAPD carbon fiber power duct, C6 Z06 shifter, RD motorsports crossbar & 5 Point Harness, GM T1 sway bars, 04 Sachs shocks, Movit brakes, carbon fiber high rise hood, magnason blower