F-Body Europe

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:15 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Mail Order Tune for 97-04 LS1 ... in europa !
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:43 pm 
Cool Newbie
 WWW  Profile

I've tune 60+ Camaro, Corvette, LS1, V6 in France.
H/C LS1; Supercharged LS1/LS7 / Suburban 5.3

here is a few video from the different projects :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbW1vp1W8ZE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtpTz4DI-Ok
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0NcUHTx1Sk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqALMEP1isM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bu7AGNulT9Q
etc ...

:ok:

I've just received my news toy:

With that I can Tune 97/98 or 99-05 Lsx from my living room. I'm using Hp Tuners.

Now I can offer mail order tuning !

I just want to tune car with bolt on : catback, intake

I can remove the limiter, safe performance tune (+ real 10hp/ 10 NM tq, guaranted, no aftermaket bullshit hp ! ), transmission performance tune, fuel economy, injectors, TB, LS6 intake , Gear, Tires, disable Code (rear 02), ... .

I want to do performance, quality, safe, abordable tune. I don't want to tune long tube headers or H/C via mail order. This require street/dyno tuning.

You have to send your pcm to france and I will send it back to you. (I could be done in less than 10 days shipping included)

Price : 250 euros ! :ok: (Paypal, shipping included)

I'm going to pitburg in May if your want a tune !

The mail order tune are based from my tune on F-Bodies / Corvette.
My transmission tune is terrible ! :ok: softer than stock in cruising area and wilde at WOT. I can do a drag transmission tune

here is a few dyno from my tunes

99 Transam A4(SLP Intake, SLP Loud Mouth Catback + tune)

2000 Camaro Z28 (SLP Lid, Slp Ram Air, Magnaflow Catback, ARH Header w/ cat/ LS6 intake)
Same Camaro with H/C/Fast Intake!

If you want a bad ass tune, PM me !
Say No to hypertech, predator shitty tune!

If you have questions, just ask me !

I could do 3.8 V6 too, but I have to buy harness for these PCM.

-Corvette C5 MN6(ARH 1-3/4 Headers, Callaway Honker, TI muffler, pfadt Sway bars, Textralia OZ Clutch Grip Z, Pfadt suspensions, TFS 215 Head, VRX5 Cam, Ported FAST 92 / LS2 TB,Hp tuner Tuned, ... = 445 rwhp on mustang dyno) http://www.corvettecircus.com

Last edited by diamondduff on Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Mail Order Tune for 97-04 LS1 ... in europa !
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:46 am 
Headin' for a divorce

Too bad you went with HPT.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:52 am 
Cool Newbie
 WWW  Profile

Roy wrote:
Too bad you went with HPT.

???

I've got Efilive too, but I prefer Hptuners. :ok:

A tune is not about the software, it's about the guy behind the keyboard.

-Corvette C5 MN6(ARH 1-3/4 Headers, Callaway Honker, TI muffler, pfadt Sway bars, Textralia OZ Clutch Grip Z, Pfadt suspensions, TFS 215 Head, VRX5 Cam, Ported FAST 92 / LS2 TB,Hp tuner Tuned, ... = 445 rwhp on mustang dyno) http://www.corvettecircus.com

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:12 pm 
No Life

Nooooooooo! I just got a starter tune from the states. I wish you would have posted 3 days ago.

I have EFI Live , but I could still use a final tune as I am not so comfortable with it. Do you have access to a dyno?

How much is a full tune for a pretty stout setup?

Black 01 6spd SS # 5971 - AFR, FAST, Nick Williams, SLP, Kooks, Borla, Kirban, Spec, Moser, BMR, Spohn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:23 pm 
Cool Newbie
 WWW  Profile

Yes I have a dyno in my town. (Superflow Dyno). I organize dyno day with 10-12 each 2 months with Lsx in Paris! I've leaned a lot !

I have efilive (demo) to read tune but I really like hptuners.
I have done a C6 Z06 supercharged with efilive.

Do you go to bitburg ? what are your mods ? no Cam ?

a starter tune didn't help you with your TB and Fast intake, you have to do log and tune the VE table and the MAF table.

I 'm quite a perfectionnist. I don't like canned tune for Intake, TB, cam, head, headers. This deserve a real tune.

With your Kooks headers, you really need a wideband to tune it correctly.

My tuning price here is 250 euros for a full tune. If my customer want to go to the dyno to finalize to the tune, they just have to pay the dyno (100 euros : 1 hour ).
hum ... and updates are free !!! (I like to follow a car in the mod fever!)
I can do mail order update for free too (but you have to pay the shipping, I think about 10 euros) :ok:

For a full stout setup, well, It depends the mods. between 300 and 500 euros (427 lsx Big H/C supercharged ... yep we have that in France :lol: ).

Tomorrow a friend of mine let me his car for a week : Corvette C5 with a brand new LS2, full bold on , cam,AFR,head ', fast 92, TB, mamofied'. The engine was done by Tony Mamo Himself. I plan to do a lot a videos of the tuning process. I've asked him 500 euros (because I have never tuned LS2 with a LS1 PCM). I can't wait !

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:35 pm 
No Life

It sounds as though you are a newer tuner. That sounds a little steep if that is the case.

I understand that my recent mailorder style tune is not intended as a final tune. I just needed something to get me started. I intend to work on it using my current EFILive and LC1 wideband setup. The engine is an Erik Koenig built LS3 427 w/ Tony Mamo worked AFR 225's and custom cam.

We may have to talk if I cannot get the confidence myself.

Black 01 6spd SS # 5971 - AFR, FAST, Nick Williams, SLP, Kooks, Borla, Kirban, Spec, Moser, BMR, Spohn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:18 pm 
Cool Newbie
 WWW  Profile

nice project, it's for your camaro ???
I think you don't have to be afraid by 'pretty stout' setup ...
Just do your VE and MAF. I've send hours on my Idle with large cam and Fast Intake (I got a 236/239 in my LS1).

Be careful to have the correct value for your injector (not just KPA/Flowset but Offset, Short Pulse Adder, ...)
If your idle is bad with your canned tune, restart from your stock parameter

Do you tune It on a LS1 ou a LS3 PCM ? which TB ?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:47 am 
No Life

I have not seen the mail order tune that was put on mine this week. He was supposed to set it for the injectors.

The tune is on an LS1 PCM and the TB is a Nick Williams 90mm.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:40 pm 
Cool Newbie
 WWW  Profile

I've done the C5 LS2 H/C this week end.
Crazy low torque, drivability like stock, huge throttle response.
Less bad ass than my LS1 to drive, perfect sleeper
I've just destroyed a 996 turbo and a maserati coupe
Dyno next saturday !

THE VIDEO!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOxIf3pav34
:ok:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:29 pm 
Headin' for a divorce

Diamond,
Your video got canned by youtube for Deutschland. Try reloading it without the music.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:25 am 
Cool Newbie
 WWW  Profile

Damned ... I will repost it tonite.

So nobody wants to send me his PCM ? You won't be disapointed ! (I'd give your money back if you're not)

150 euros to the first 3 ones to decide !!!! and I pay the shipping to get send your pcm. I will resend it to next day I received it.
(a hptuners licenses are $99 for 1 car, it's quite free).

Perfect candidate are Auto Z28 with Intake (SLP or Whisper Lid, Ram Air and Catback) !

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:19 am 
Cool Newbie
 WWW  Profile

first personn from camaro-firebird.com french forum

2 places left !

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:44 pm 
Cool Newbie
 WWW  Profile

1 place

Nobody want to send me its PCM ?

150 euros the tune ?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:20 pm 

Sounds pretty good. However, what all is included with this tune? Im looking at a tuner on ls1.com (not a sponsor) and he only charges 125 for mail-in Tunes via paypal. He offers ALOT for such a low rate. Even though hes based in the states, hes refered to EVERYTIME tuning is brought up. I wont go into too much detail about it so as not to infringe on anyones sponsorship or whatever. Im just trying to get a tune for my car that will get to me in Bamberg the fastest. I just did a Long Tube Header and 3" Highflow cattd y-pipe and of course the SES light is on. Part of the guys tune is he deletes the rear O2s for you. A biggy for me since i want my car to come back to the states with me when i leave Germany.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:34 pm 
Headin' for a divorce

Josh
Just buy the soft ware your self and start wild cating your self. I have been doing LSX products since 2002 and its very basic and straight forward. I would recommend EFI LIVE over HPT . EFI LIVE is more robust .

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:19 pm 

Ive thought about that but ive never done any kind of tuning before. EFI Live was one of my picks for software.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:47 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

Guess Roy or I can give you some help to start you out ... also, for a decent base tune, consider getting a wideband O2 sensor (e.g. Innovate), but make sure it has a digital output and is supported by EFIlive ... makes a basetune and everything beyond that a lot easier! I cut my 1/4mi time down by half a second just by doing a decent basetune on the stock motor!

"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you."
"Speed doesn't kill - suddenly becoming stationary on the other hand ..."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:29 am 
Cool Newbie
 WWW  Profile

JoshuaGrooms83 wrote:
Sounds pretty good. However, what all is included with this tune? Im looking at a tuner on ls1.com (not a sponsor) and he only charges 125 for mail-in Tunes via paypal. He offers ALOT for such a low rate. Even though hes based in the states, hes refered to EVERYTIME tuning is brought up. I wont go into too much detail about it so as not to infringe on anyones sponsorship or whatever. Im just trying to get a tune for my car that will get to me in Bamberg the fastest. I just did a Long Tube Header and 3" Highflow cattd y-pipe and of course the SES light is on. Part of the guys tune is he deletes the rear O2s for you. A biggy for me since i want my car to come back to the states with me when i leave Germany.

Don't do mail order tune with LT. you need a wideband and a real tune.
I've seen to often things like SLP Maf which trick the tune -> lean wot or KR with mail order tune.
Run away from mail order tune for H/C or LT.

I done the same thing than Frost (maybe better, I haven't seen frost tune).
I've got an excellent auto trans tune. I'm in europa. Shipping cost are less expensive and you can have your pcm in 72 hours...

Yep you can buy hptuners or efilive (I got them both). But ... the software is less important than the tuner.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:01 pm 
Fast Newbie
 WWW  Profile

Old thread I know, but anyone in Europe keen on efilive Ill cut you a good deal. Im the European distributor. Garry knows me :)
I sold him his setup. I have widebands as well. Plus offer unlimited support via email etc.

Oh I have the new "Blue" v2 hardware in stock which now supports Dodge engines. (Diesels first).

2007 HSV R8 Clubsport LS2 M6, 7.2L, WCCH 400cfm LS7, Comp 227/243-113, Darton Block, Callies, Diamond, ACT Twinplate, 605ftlb, 625bhp

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:30 am 

To update, im got a spare PCM off ebay and having it shipped directly to Frost, then hes sending it to me. PCM cost me $200 and the tune will cost me $150.
Got alot of stuff for him to tune too.
Got a new GM LS6 85mm MAF, 80mm Throttle body, LS6 Intake manifold, EGR delete, AIR delete, Rear O2 Delete, 3200 Stall converter, LS6 Valley cover with new PCV system, New style knock sensors and new harness, OBX Longtube Headers, and Catted Y-pipe.

His tune also comes with Torque managment reduction, updated fuel trims, cooling fan temps setting, rear gear corrections, EGR/AIR/Rear O2s deleted, and alot of other little stuff to make the car run real smoothe. Hes been in the market for awhile now. If you check em on on ls1.com you can read more about it. His mailorder tunes are so good, some guys done even go to dynos casue hes so dead on.
Cant wait until i get the PCM here so i can run that thing :). But for now im happy installing all the new UMI gear i got in the mail :)