F-Body Europe

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:16 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Fastchip PCM Tune????
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 4:43 am 
No Life

Has anyone gotten their PCM tuned by Ed Wright on here? I tried to contact him and see what he could do for my ride but still no answer. But I just want to know what type of turn around reate he has and how $$... and if it is even worth it (does he do a good job). I have heard good things from people.. but they all know of a frien who has done it or a friend of a friend... no one I know... So I want to get the 411 from people I know.... Well thanks for all of the help!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 11:23 am 
Needs a Job

He's the only guy I deal w/ when it comes to mail order programs. He's the only that was able to get my 396 running as well. PCM4less is good too and cheaper. I've just stuck w/ what works for me though. I'll try a PCM4less one this summer and see what it does. Ryan just had his done by Bryan a few wks back and works pretty good until he trashed the rearend the other day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 12:09 pm 
 WWW  Profile

I have used them two times for mail order tuning. both times their turnaround time was one day, the rest went for shipping it across Atlantic and back. I used DHL, but I guess it doesn't matter what courier.

Can't comment on his quality, but car works fine and runs more-or-less what it should considering the mods. By more-or-less I mean, that I see sometimes better results posted in the internet with the same mods, but really - in the internet everything is possible.:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 12:33 pm 

Ed does great work, and is known as the "original" tuner in our case. But for a near stock or bolt-on car, you can't go wrong with Bryan Herter at http://www.pcmforless.com. Much cheaper, and offers email tunes and upgrades. Just purchase the cable and you can download the program yourself. No down time.
Ed also password protects his programs to disallow user changes. Bryan does not.

Bryan tunes my car via email and will dyno tune it in July. Can't wait.

Mav

'95 Impala SS "Motor being rebuilt(again) as we speak. Going Stout NA 383 for the juice."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 3:30 pm 
No Life
 ICQ  Profile

I've heard nothing but good things about Brian at pcmforless. Both on cz28.com and competition motorsports. I'm going to him for my supercharger tune.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 5:55 pm 

Funny thing, Bryan now works for/with Cmotorsports.com and is in the process of moving to Vegas. They own stock in each others companies and are friends. Bryan does all the tuning for their systems and cars.

Mav

'95 Impala SS "Motor being rebuilt(again) as we speak. Going Stout NA 383 for the juice."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 10:58 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Do not go with Ed Wright. I have his tune and I cannot even scan my own pcm. He will lock you out of it. His tune is o.k I guess, my car runs smoother, and felt a bit better. Next time I am going Dyno tune. I may now have to get another PCM so I can do that, I am sure whoever does my dyno tune cannot even get into it.

89 Dodge caravan turbo project.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 12:24 am 

"I am sure whoever does my dyno tune cannot even get into it."

Bryan Herter can, and has. That is most of the reason why Ed hates him. Give him a holler.

Mav

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 4:59 am 
No Life

WOW :shock: Thanks for all of the replys I think I'll look into this other guy and see what he can do for me... seeing that I stil have not been able to get ahold of Ed...... Is this other guy expensive? Do you do the tune yourself? Just curious... thanks for everything!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 5:42 am 
 WWW  Profile

You jsut tell him what your mods are and he will program it for you. But he will lock you out of it. Only way I think that it can be unlocked it to be re-flashed by a dealer or somone who has the capability to do so. Some people have been able to scan their computers after Ed does them. SOme have not, I guess I am one of the unlucky ones. He is way more expensive than the norm also. Go with the Brian guy. I am going to get mine dyno tuned in Austin here soon, the best way to go.

Jeff

89 Dodge caravan turbo project.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 6:50 pm 
No Life

I wish I could have mine dynotested around where I live.. but I have yet to find anyone around there with a dyno.. maybe I'm just talking to the wrong people... I looked at Brian's website last night and I was slightly confused... do I send him my PCM or does he just send me a cord and the program itself? You are right though this guy is hella lot cheaper!

Post subject: Jr...
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:04 am 

Hate to be the ass here but I agree with Scott. Ed Wright f*%ked me over! I should have listened to Silas, no mail order programs, it is hit or miss. Well I missed. I paid $400 for a piece of $hit program. It hosed up my car pretty bad, not getting enough fuel now and the car stutters like crazy unless I floor it. Tried called the d!ck head that works for Ed Wright and he said there was nothing he could do for me unless I got the trouble codes off the car and sent it back with the computer. Well I wasted more money taking it to the dealer, they found no trouble codes, as well as another source. So after calling and talking to what's his f*#k, I got no where. Wasted $460, and now I have to have it tuned by someone else. Well that was my experince. Bob toled me to call there and say I was returning a call from Ed, and that was really the only way to get a conversation with him. That is terrible business if you ask me! Sorry, been holding this in for quite sometime. The guy I am going with in N.C. is affilliated with pcmforless. Cheap! Later, Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am 
No Life

Mike are you talking about the guy in Fayetville? I never didget a chance to meet you down there... if this is the guy.. do you think he coiuld hook me up as well?

Post subject: Jr....
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 2:35 am 

Most definitely. He is a friend of Bob's and does tuning on the side. Don't quote me but for like $200 he will do the job!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 5:23 am 
No Life

Bitch'n we'll definately have to hook up when we both ge back... by that time I think I'll have the loudest camaro on earth..... SLP LOUDMOUTH with no cats! and BBK shorties.. if not just the loudest in my neighborhood!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 4:46 am 

Well, its always been my position that if you wanted it right, you do it yourself. I'm investing in everything required to real time log, and adjust my PCM, but in the same vein as this post, I'm also gonna have Brian do my tune before I start.

I have had a Ed Wright tune since I got to the states. From what I've read, and expieranced, I really dont think he did anything for me except change my program for 4.10 gears. As a matter of fact I'd be willing to bet I have a stock program and that is what is causing me to run so rich. Ed Wright had his day in the sun, and I think he let it go to his head. Tulsa is only a couple hours away, but I dont think I will ever darken his doorstep.

Rob

Post subject: FAST CHIP aka.. ED Wright Programming
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 8:45 pm 
Cool Newbie

I know this post is a little late and all, but I have had my PCM programmed by Ed when I was back in the states and had the engine rebuilt. The car does run good except for it runs like super rich. I have accel 30 # injectors and I would hope that ed would have leaned it out a bit, but unfortunatly he did not. Also the specs/mods I provided to him were for a Holley 58mm throttle body. The dam car would barely idle and always seemed to choke down right at half throttle. Anyways I ditched th 58mm and put the sock 48mm back on and presto the idle is dam near perfect and no sluggish performance!! I am also having the before stated problems of not being able to read my pcm. ED screws with the checksums and read protects it so you can't make cops of his program I suppose. I have already purchased TUNERCAT, THE EE DEFINITION FILE, and the cable from AKM Electronics. Now I have to surf E-Bay and find another freakin PCM that I can read and program myself or pay to have someone send me a file that I can just upload myself. My advice hmmmm....... Save your cash and learn as much as you can in regards to tunning for yourself and to on day help other power hungry LT1 users. Just my two cents worth I guess