F-Body Europe

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:24 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Differential Question: 4:10
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 1:00 pm 
No Life

I just got done installing a set of 4:10s in the car. I took the entire rearend out of the car gave it new gaskets/bearings. I put the rearend back in bolted everthing down. The only thing I didn't put on was the calipers,rotors and tires. I started the car and noticed that there was a little mettalic tink coming from the diff. When you give the car gas there is no noise but when you let it cruise in 1-6 gear with no gas you can hear the mettalic tink.

I was thinking of a few different reasons:

1. cam surge
2. the rearend isn't under any type of load being suspended in the air.
3. it's just the way the DTS 4:10 sound.
4. I would say I shimmed it wrong but I don't see how? I've done this before and it's not to hard to make the pinion gear and the ring gear meet up a little more than half way.

any tech responses to this would be greatly appreaciated. I'm getting ready to register the car and don't want to go back on the deadline list :) The noise from what myself and john can hear isn't that loud but then again my car sounds like a pro dragger and anything is hard to hear over the motor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 3:15 am 

No noise dude, that is the answer.

I had mine put in, and I used GM gearsets. Why? cuz the guy guaranteed no noise. He had to pull 'em 3 times, but no noise on accel, decel or light throttle.

your dealing with .001's here, so ya gotta be spot on.

anyway, no noise is good noise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 12:38 pm 
No Life

Your right there is entirly to much noise coming from the back end. Myself and John took it for a ride yeterday and at about 20mph the gears are just howling. I'm hearing a slight chatter at low speeds but when I get on it real hard the tires just roast and it seems fine. I am breaking down at this point and I'm having the Homburg opel dealership do it again. I guess I'm going to get my moneys worth out of adac. I only hope they don't go joy riding in my stuff seeing as how I only have 140 miles on the new motor, maybe i'll sabotag my own stuff while it's there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 8:55 am 

take your pcm with you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 2:42 am 

guerardsgt wrote:
, maybe i'll sabotag my own stuff while it's there.

Thought about doing the same thing. I want another 5.0, and its hard with a money pit parked out front.

I keep leaving it at the mall with the windows down and the keys in it, but no takers!?!?!?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 3:12 am 
Needs a Job
 YIM  Profile

Come to Ramstein and park it around Hangar 3. Give me 2.5 seconds and its off your hands!!

Remember, windows down, keys in it. And leave it running for me? Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 6:23 am 
 WWW  Profile

Daddy2K3 wrote:
Come to Ramstein and park it around Hangar 3. Give me 2.5 seconds and its off your hands!!

Remember, windows down, keys in it. And leave it running for me? Thanks

LMAO! :lol:

'01 Camaro SS #0034
338 RWHP
353 RWTQ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 10:10 am 
No Life

Well I guess I just ate my own words on this one ( I should sabotage it). I got a call from john while in the states telling me the opel dealer was going to charge me 2100 euro for the rebuild, so he said hell no. I got back and no more than 2hrs off the plane, got my car from opel. I had a 500 Euro bill and they shattered my new 4:10 completly!!!! They wern't supposed to work on my car until yesterday but they started on it the day I dropped it off. I saw the assholes get in and drive it before I even left the dealership. They also plugged into my computer when I told them not even to pop the hood, I got in and started it up and the TPS was unplugged. The only thing they did manage to do was fix a small exhaust leak at the CAT. I now have the car back in my garage and the rearend completly pulled apart getting ready to install a set of 3:42 I picked up in the states while I was back to correct this problem. I guess the first time I ever had anyone do anything to my car it really bit me in the ass. I've done everything from the motor on back and have never been unsuccesful but the one time I decide to just pay the bones I loose in the long run. I guess at this point i'm just venting because I have a 383 with only a 150miles on it and it's been in the car an entire year.

Oh and did I mention they left a nice little zip lock bag in my cup holder with some peaces of my brand new DTS 4:10. I'm going to say now what I want to say FUCH THE HOMBURG (one more time HOMBURG) OPEL DEALERSHIP THEY REALLY FUChING SUCK. Sorry just venting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 10:38 am 
 YIM  Profile

I've went to opel once with a rear main leaking. I asked for an estimate and they said 8000 dm!!! For a rear main???? Instead of replacing the rear main they wanted to replace the whole damn engine!!! Ryan I agree with you on OPEL! Also, something a lot of people are fooled by, I put an LT-1 and 6 speed in my old S-10. I took it to AFFES to get the computer scanned just to make sure everything was reading right, well they called back and said the pcm didn't work at all. Impossiable, I mean I already put 300 miles on it so I knew the pcm worked. I took it to Opel and they said they wouldn't scan it because S-10 never came out with a V-8. No "He said POOP"! Besides, they already turned it down??? AFFES don't have the equipment to check GM's so they turn them over to Opel with out telling the customer. So they charge you what opel charges them and then some. So fuch AAFES and Opel!!!