F-Body Europe

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:29 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: AFPR Setting!!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 6:46 pm 
Cool Newbie

Hello all,
Looking for some help with pressures on setting up the ACCEL Adjustable fuel Pressure Regulator I bought. I am currently running 30# Accel Fuel injectors and have TUNERCAT up and running for my OBD 1 electronics.

1994 Camaro Z-28, T56, stock rearend, Spec stage 2 clutch (slips)"running to much for it I think" 355CI, Forged TRW slugs, Port Polished Heads with 2.02 INT, 1.60EHT stainless valves, Comp Cam "305" Arizona Speed Marine 1 3/4 Headers, Port Polished Intake, MSD Coil, Taylor 8mm wires, NGK tr55 plugs, BMR STB,LCA's, ATA, Vinnicie MAF ends....

Nitrous in the works for next year, after clutch, rear end, and rim/tires are complete.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 7:08 pm 
Needs a Job

Should be in the ball park of 38-41 psi vac off. You coming to Bitburg next month? Hope you can make it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 3:19 am 

John is on it, as usual.
But,,,
Why are you running #30lb'ers?????

Thats alot of injector for no more than you have done?????

BTW, that spec stage II should be enough i would reckon, or are you on slicks??

Post subject: REPLY
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 5:52 am 
Cool Newbie

Nope the Spec stage two wont hold her, not running slicks, thought it might be a problem in the slave cylinder, but bled in very throughly and went with dot 4.1 brake fluild and still when i take 1st to 6200 and band 2nd the engine just spins away but nothing goes back to the rear. Its a torquey little bitch. Dam near wants to pull the freakin wheels up. Ask Hawk he took a joy ride in it with me.

Post subject: 30lb injectors
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 6:10 am 
Cool Newbie

Also the reason I went with the 30# injectors is because orginally I purchased this 1994 Camaro Z28 in Texas with only 19000 miles. I installed a Powerdyne 6# supercharger "Pro install" and 6000 miles later BANG 6 PISTONS SHATTERD THE RING LANDS. Thus the expensive rebuild and needless to say I dithed the supercharger and stuck with just motor upgrading. My goals were to run nitrous with the car. I only have about 30K miles on the engine now, but like I said the clutch is threw. I know I am definitly in the 12's according to alex and williams. Only thing that is confusing the hell out of me is the computer program that "ED WRIGHT FASTTECH" did on my car. I read the program using tunercat and they had my cylinder volume at 0.00 and my injector flow rate at 793.65. THATS NO TYPO 793.65 INJECTOR FLOW RATE. Also my spark advance curves were way up there in the 42's. I can not program the PCM I have from Fast tech, but I have a spare that I have programed and seems to be running OK but still need to work on it a bit. I went with a modified .LT1 file converted to a .bin file for ported heads and a comp cam 306 and changed a couple of the PCM constants. Lot of unanswered questions thou. It still runs good maybe lost 20 to 30 HP with my program, but the tach is really screwy . With Fast tech computer the tach does not work for #$%^ unless I run a wire direct from the PCM output to the TACH. When I install the spare PCM with my own programming the tach is all crazy and rev limit hits at about 3000 because the tach reads like 7000. I disconnected the wire I ran from the Pcm to the tach and WALAH problem solved I have 6400 RPM before I hit revlimit on both the tach and the engine. I know this all sounds like I am dumping my car problems one thought at a time but hey I am half lit from a long night of drinking so go figure.