LT4 Conversion 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
AFR heads and Comp Cam set up 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Buy a Civic 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 0
 Post subject: LT4 OR.....
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 1:51 am 
Needs a Job
 YIM  Profile

Ok, I'm either gonna get a LT4 conversion kit, or maybe some AFR heads and a Comp cam. Decisions, decisions. Money's tight, so its all "bang for the buck" here.

Its simple, just vote. You guys seem to know a lot (at least some of you do), so help a brother out.

VOTE!

If you're wrong, I'll hunt each and every one of you down with the Jetta. (It'll just leave a little bruise) :twisted:

Thanks guys!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 2:29 am 

Bang for the buck? Then none of them.

Send your stock heads out for alittle P&P (buy some off ebay for $100) if you dont want to be down for awhile.

Talk to a reputable company about what you want from your cam and have it ground to your personnal tastes. Becareful what you wish for with cams, bigger is not always better, thats why I say talk to someone. Seth comes to mind, or really bug them and call Comp (I did).

Match your cam with good springs (very important) IMHO stay away from the hydra rev, and get quality springs up front. The rev kit seems like a band aid to me after I researched it.

Lifters are a moot point, but cheap nonetheless.

Pro Magnum 1.6 Rockers

Impalla head gaskets for the extra 1/2 point of compression.

Then roll the dice and have PCM4Less, or Cmotorsports burn you a program for the new heart.

Done and Done for about 1-1.2K and the same power as the LT4.

Bang for the buck has to be about 750 bones and bolt on 100hp wet kit from NX Express or TNT. :ok:

Back to reality. Alot of people buy the big guns up front, then assemble the supporting cast. I think its much better to have a end game, then buy all the little stuff your gonna need, with the big power as the last purchase. For example make sure you have the flowed 24-30lb injectors, the CD ignition, the Suspension to handle the future power, the full exhaust, the gears to keep you in your motors powerband, the tires to harness it....

That way your not chaseing your cars weak spots, they are covered when you finally add the power.

my .02

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 5:35 am 
 YIM  Profile

After thinking the same about the LT4 kit, it says 425+horsepower, a lot of people are right, the bang for the buck, LT4 kit sucks!!! I was talking to a guy back home, he's already had it and sold it. His thing, P&P LT1 intake, Lutani Cam (not sure on size), Trick Flow heads, bigger fuel injectors, and Nitrious. Plus he saved $ 625 in the long run rather than buying LT4 kit plus gets more ponies! I was told to figure out exactly what I wanted (to spend and how many horses) and build from there and to forget about the Kit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 11:07 am 

Keep in mind that the stock Intake isnt a restriction until your in double layer firesuit speeds. Thats why there arent any (successful *cough* edelbrock *cough*) ones.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 1:36 pm 
 YIM  Profile

Are you trying to suggest something there Rob? A fire suit or something like that maybe?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 6:07 pm 

no :) nothing like that, what I meant is that there are plenty of LT1's in the 9.ohs with the stock intake. Just gasket matched for the 58mm T body.

Edelebrock tried there hand at aftermarket intakes back in 94/95 and it made no more power than a stock one, and there hasnt been one since.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 9:25 pm 
 YIM  Profile

So whats the difference in the lt4 intake compared to the lt1? I'm under the understanding the lt4 intake is better then sliced bread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 12:39 am 

taller intake ports on the lt4 heads needs a taller intake. Of course the red paint makes it fast too

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 9:12 am 
 YIM  Profile

Of course!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 2:50 am 
Needs a Job
 YIM  Profile

I never told you guys thanks. Sorry.

And......

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 7:53 am 
Needs a Job

Rob sup man? I know you think the Hydra is a band aid to incorrect springs but I disagree, for the simple fact folks have broken their correct springs and kissed the engine goodbye because of it. Too many cats are breaking triple coils down to 918's and 941's that come to mind. So for me it's worth the 200 bucks thats gonna save my valvetrain in that unforturnate event. My valvetrain isn't cheap either nor is yours.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 11:00 am 

The new LT4 Kit on summitracing.com looks good. 485+ HP sounds good. And it looks like everything what you need is in the kit!?

Danix

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 9:40 am 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  Profile

Just get an LS1. Just kidding. I'd go with the LT4 kit, since it has been so successful in the LT1 arena! ;)