F-Body Europe

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:31 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Fuel pump in.....
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 10:28 pm 
Needs a Job

Man if you ever do a fuel pump and you are not going to sell your car ever? Cut the hatch! Ryan I spent 4 hrs just trying to get the tank down but of course our stubborness didn't want to pull the rearend off. LOL
If you ever by a new pump by the Racetronix kit plug and play system. Real easy once you look at it for a minute. The pump rocks! We tested it prior to putting it back in the car and that thing has some serious power to it. It'll handle 550 for sure. Not to mention the trick Canton fuel filter that's twice the size of stock sitting there as well.

Don't have a fuel issue no mo'. :D All that's left to do is a new coat of skin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 6:07 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  Profile

So how does she feel, John?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 5:19 pm 
Needs a Job

Lets just put it this way. W/ the original engine I should've had a traction problem from the word go. Now. I have a traction problem in all 6 gears. A huge traction problem. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 8:14 pm 

So you are up and running again John? Cant wait to hear some times on it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 8:47 am 
Needs a Job

Mike. There is no doubt it'll run 11's now w/ ease on streeet tires. That 1 run where I busted a 12.4 @ 115 on street tires was only 3/4 throttle. I can't go part throttle now w/out it just goin bananas. Some ET's and a 12 bolt and she'll do a high 10. I just have to replace the opti now because it's on its last leg. Hope it gets here before the 15th.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 12:23 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  Profile

That is really great news, John.. I'm so excited for you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 1:05 pm 
Needs a Job

My luck is definetly changing. The opti is here and goin in tonight. Now til the meet it's cleanup time!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 1:13 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

Cool! Congrats ... hope you can burn up some track & rice next year on the quarter mile ;)

"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you."
"Speed doesn't kill - suddenly becoming stationary on the other hand ..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 10:34 pm 

I wish I was there to see it run. My stang will be down for a while. I still want todrive it while I still want to drive while I build my 393. So I am going to throw a forged crank in it while I am building my other engine. My 306 will keep me happy for a little while. To build a 393 it costs no less than 6000 dollars. And that is just the engine alone. So it will be a slow process. But I cant wait to see your cars new times when you run the quarter again. Hell if I was still there I could let you use my G-Tech to give you some idea of what you will run. I wish you luck and keep me posted if you need anything soon or hard to find drop me a line and I may be able to get it for you here. There is several speed shops here and I can get my hands on anything you need I imagine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 7:29 am 
Site Admin

sounds pretty bad arsh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 7:04 am 
No Life

When I need a new fuel pump I'm just going to strap the gas tank to the t-tops once I get it out. LOL It definatly wasn't all that hard, It could have went a lot faster if we did what we new we had to do the first time. I hate being so damn stuborn somtimes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 5:12 pm 

So guerardsgt how is you car running? Have you got all the bugs worked out yet? I havent seen it since we helped push start you at the shoppette on Vogelweh. And have you got any time slips yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 8:11 pm 
Needs a Job

All the bugs are worked out on his car Mike. It's FLAWLESS. Not even gonna guess on timeslips maybe he'll know next yr if he's still around these parts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 10:00 pm 

Where is he suppose to pcs to anyway?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 6:35 am 
No Life

After 8 yrs I've decided to hang up the towel and call it quits. I'm probably going to stick around germany for a little while till the wife gets out, I figure it'll give me a little time to see my kids for once and get some good Autobauhn cruising out of me. The car is running really good as john said. I still need to get a set of 4:10's for the rearend so my speedo will register the right MPH. I replaced the TPS and my little problem went away now she holds a steady 850rpm idle no problem. I put some more stuff in her since you've seen it at the shoppette.

How are your cars running? If I read correctly you pulled the motor out of the camaro. Any mods happening?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 2:43 pm 

Well I have pulled the motor on both my cars. The camaro is getting new high compression pistons and your everyday rebuild kit with a port job on the heads. The mustang is currently getting a new forged crank with a main girdle while I build my 393 windsor stroker. And the heads are getting stage 2 porting and polish. I am looking at a 450 horses N/A then I will be putting 10 to 12 lbs of boost on top of that so Iam looking at around 550 to 600 hundred RWHP. And in a car that weighs in at a 3000lbs should be a runner.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 7:38 am 
No Life

It sounds like your doing a little mod fest. You should put down atleast 450 to the wheels N/A no problem. I can't wait till I can say I have a 12 pnd huffer on my car. I'm just waiting on household 6 to approve the money spending for it. I think I'm pushing my luck seeing how I told her I was only going to put $3000.00 in the car to rebuild it and I'm way way way past that now! Good luck on your rebuild on both cars. I hoping that i'll be in NC this coming spring for a month or so and I should have my car so maybe i'll see you at one of the tracks. I really miss Ft Bragg for the convinence of drag racing :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 7:14 pm 

What is your compression ratio for your car? If you are more than 9.5 then you may want to stay away from a supercharger. You dont want to have a high compression or you will frag your motor in a big way. And what ever you do make sure you have plenty of fuel. I am going to be runnung 50lbs injectors on mine. And I have 2 fuel pumps 255ltr intank and a 255ltr inline. You dont want to run lean or another way to go boom. Kind of the same rules as nitrous.