F-Body Europe

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:52 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Looking for some advise
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2002 7:16 pm 

OK, we all say how slow and pitifull my car ran. The only good thing that came out of that whole deal was that the wife was embarrassed for me and said that I could spend alot of money to get the car spank some butty. I have 2 options.
Option 1. I have a friend that is selling a LT1 complete with wiring harness for $1800.00. I have a 88 GTA Trans Am. I don't know how much trouble it would be to convert it over. He said that there is about 350 hp(a few mods.) in the motor and there is only 30,000 miles on it.
Option 2. Whip out the summit, jegs and PAW catalogs and start going crazy. I have struck a deal to get a 350 4 bolt main for rebuilding a 400 turbo tranny. Not bad, just labor. If I am to go this route I want to go roller motor. Does anyone know of a company that sells good roller cam kits for pre 87 engines. I want to go back with the TPI setup that I have already. Does anyone know where I can get machine work done?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2002 8:43 pm 
Site Admin

trick and streetable would be option #1 hands down

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2002 4:38 am 

So what am I looking at as far as converting from 3rd gen to 4th gen power plant? Are there any available web sites out there that has info on this kind of swap? I would like it to be some what streetable but be able to keep up with you guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2002 1:17 pm 

Ah, the joys of modifying. Which way to go? Of course I think most people will say to go with the LT1, but as you said how difficult will it actually be? If you are in a hurry then don't do the LT1. If you want a somewhat different and sweet ride then do a lot of research and then get the LT1. Just my opinion :)

Image97 Camaro SS (#2,650)Image

You must be fast because I was hauling *ss when I passed you!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2002 9:56 pm 
Site Admin

Hot rod have you ever heard of Nitrous? If you blow it that would be the perfect reason to replace it. I could hook you up with a computerized 175 dry shot for 700 bones. Is yours a the TPI?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 9:57 pm 

Quote:
Hot rod have you ever heard of Nitrous? If you blow it that would be the perfect reason to replace it. I could hook you up with a computerized 175 dry shot for 700 bones. Is yours a the TPI?

Hawk
That is so tempting. I do eventually want to go with Nitrous. What system is it(nitrous works, NOS, erc.). Yes I do have a TPI system. I don't realy need a computerized system, just a push of a button is good with me. I am currently putting something together that will be on your heel. It will not be up and running for Bitburg this time due to the fact that the mail system sucks and the f@#kin credit card company that I am with does not know their a$$ from a hole in the ground. If I put nitrous on it then kiss your a$$ good bye! Thanks for the post.
Later dude

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2002 10:31 am 
Site Admin

If I put nitrous on it then kiss your a$$ good bye! Thanks for the post.
Later dude[/quote]

Not scared yet maybe next year I do not need any more power I just need a roll cage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2002 12:24 pm 

Just messing around. If you are running nitrous, there is no way that I can keep up. I am not ready for nitrous YET. I have too much money invested in the motor right now to be spending more money on a nitrous kit. The wife can only handle so much spending, if you know what I mean. Although if I go and get my a$$ handed to me at the races like last time, then I can justify spending more money.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2002 1:58 pm 
No Life
 ICQ  YIM  Profile

Hey Rod, once I get my car back, I can beat you with my V6. That ought to get the wife behind you on some mods. :)

RT1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2002 1:58 pm 
 WWW  Profile

What kinda TPI do you run a 350 or 305 ?? what does it run ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2002 5:22 pm 

Quote:
What kinda TPI do you run a 350 or 305 ?? what does it run ?

I have a 305 with the TPI system on it. I can let a little bit of the cat out of the bag. I have a 350 4 bolt main 30 over block. Upgrading the fuel system for the 350. You now bigger injectors, throttle body, big mouth base, larger runners, etc. Maybe pull 450 ponies out of it with the other stuff that I have on order that I won't give outjust yet. Lets just say that it will take a 175hp shot with no problems.
Later dude

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2002 8:40 pm 
Site Admin

The best way to get mod money is get beat. Now at least it sounds like you in it for the long haul. I was gonna get a new car but decided to mod the old one one more year till my warranty runs out then I I can start really modding.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2002 9:04 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Have you looked into the Scoggin Dickey Vortech manifold/ heads package? It made damn good power in the latest GMHTP mag. And is pretty cheap too. Get a cam(hotcam kit is cheap), runners and exhaust you will be all set.

Jeff

89 Dodge caravan turbo project.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2002 9:10 pm 
Site Admin

sounds like he already knows what he wants to do.

Post subject: Drive shafts needed
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 8:32 pm 

Well it happened. Driving my car the other day when it just started to rain. I took off from a stop sing and we all know the 1st to 2nd gear shift in a 700R4 tranny with 3.42 gear hits hard. The car tried to get away, but I got it under control. Thought I was out of the water when it shifted 3rd. To my suprise the a$$ end wanted to pass up the front. Before I could steer out of it the rear end drifted off the road and tagged a pole. Right square in the middle of the right rear rim and put a nice dent in the fender. Wasn't going fast, about 35 mph. I need a drive shaft for a 10 bolt rear end, rear disk brakes. I am also looking for a set of rims. Prefer it to be the black honey comb rims that came on the car, but all requests will be considered.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 8:39 pm 
Site Admin

sorry to hear that I think Silke has a blown up 3rd Gen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2002 12:44 am 
Needs a Job
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

Quote:
sorry to hear that I think Silke has a blown up 3rd Gen

all I need in is a new engine as soon I get the car free by the lawyer...
then I will put the engine in (which I already have). :)

Last edited by Squirrelina on Thu Jul 25, 2002 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.