F-Body Europe

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:14 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: New Site for the V6 crowd.....
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2001 9:36 am 
No Life

Do not know if you seen it, but it seems to have alot of parts and seems like they can help you out. http://trmotorsports.itgo.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2001 3:22 pm 
No Life
 ICQ  YIM  Profile

Thanks for the info. Now I just have to find where the wife put the Visa.

RT1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2001 10:05 pm 
 ICQ  Profile

They first have to do some serious website revamping cause this page looks really unprofessional and doesn't give the people the 'trust' they sometimes need.
Also they offer all the stuff that has been out there for the V6 and V8 cars for years, they should do some SERIOUS V6 power tweaks and stay away from CAI's and exhausts as they are for sale at about 3449364 other online shops and most of the time at better prices.

I've said it before and i'll say it again, the V6 simply isn't taken seriously and it's reflected by the lack of serious manufactorer support.

This might sound like a flame but i believe in doing it right or not doing it at all, sorry guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2001 9:30 am 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

Quote:
They first have to do some serious website revamping cause this page looks really unprofessional

Yup ... got a lot of design problems there ...
Quote:
I've said it before and i'll say it again, the V6 simply isn't taken seriously and it's reflected by the lack of serious manufactorer support.

... and it's a total shame ... I've been looking at some older V8 F-bodies - heck, my stock V6 has way higher performance output than they do! The official rating is 193 hp, whereas many older V8's only get to somewhere in the 150's area ... if the governor was off, I could probably run the baby up to 140mph or so ... (OK, once I got a better suspension to keep the car on the road :))

"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you."
"Speed doesn't kill - suddenly becoming stationary on the other hand ..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2001 11:34 am 
No Life

Quote:
... and it's a total shame ... I've been looking at some older V8 F-bodies - heck, my stock V6 has way higher performance output than they do! The official rating is 193 hp, whereas many older V8's only get to somewhere in the 150's area ... if the governor was off, I could probably run the baby up to 140mph or so ... (OK, once I got a better suspension to keep the car on the road :))

The older cars (V8 ones) were a victim to Detroit not understanding how to do emission reduction. If you reduce compression to nothing, then choke the hell out of it, you kill power, However, the base is there to go get the power back. The design of my block is basically the same as any 350 Chevy has produced since the 50's (Pontiac too, since they have used Chevy motors for some time).

The LG4,L69 and other motors your refering to are just parts (or most V8 blocks that will bolt right up) away from being runners, and that is the advantage they hold over V6s.

The current F body is to inefficiant of design, and grossly overweight to be ran effectively with a V6, and no tuner/parts maker is going to waste R&D on things specific for them while the V8 exists.

Sergio is correct. If you want it "all" take your cue from the 4cyl Mustang LX owners, drop big brothers motor between the fender wells.

BTW 140mph?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2002 11:33 am 
No Life
 WWW  Profile

Actually, 193PS is 190bhp. Anyways,I used to have an '87 Camaro Z28 which had a stock 175bhp and even with a freeflow exhaust and K&N, the best it ever ran in the quarter was 16.2. I believe the 3.8 will run 15's which is just about as fast as the later 305's with 205bhp. The difference is torque. A V8 will always make pulling the car round that much easier and it sounds so much better as well. Having said that, there are insurance benefits to the V6 and ultimately, I assume the engine weighs less than the V8 so with the right suspension, it could be made to handle better than the V8.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2002 11:59 am 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

Quote:
I believe the 3.8 will run 15's which is just about as fast as the later 305's with 205bhp. The difference is torque.

My best to date is a 15.9something in Bitburg (slightly uphill) ... and that's with the 'vert, which is slightly heavier than the regular Coupe ...

"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you."
"Speed doesn't kill - suddenly becoming stationary on the other hand ..."