F-Body Europe

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:44 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Your thoughts/advice please?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:42 am 

Hi Guys. My first post here!

Question...

My 1994 LT1 Pontiac Trans-Am had a tapedeck 7 band EQ system (non-monsoon) fitted. So I bought a CD version from USA which I believe is a 1996 system (the mounting brackets are slightly different but only very slightly), otherwise the 2 systems look identical, even the connections are.

My query is this....with the original tapedeck system fitted, the sail-panel woofers work. But with the CD system, the sail panel woofers (behind from seats) do NOT work.

Both systems have the big heatsink on the side, like I say, these are non-monsoon systems.

Is the CD system faulty? Or is there a common fix for it? Just seems damned weird to me.

PICTURE BELOW:

Thanks Guys

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:26 am 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

Hm ... I replaced my stock Camaro R/C with a Pontiac R/CD ... the brackets are slightly off, had to open up one hole some more, then cut off part of the bracket, but after that it worked fine ...

"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you."
"Speed doesn't kill - suddenly becoming stationary on the other hand ..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:30 am 

Did your car have the sail panel woofers, and if so did they work with your newly aquired system Garry?

I was not too concerened about the brackets, but it made me think that if the brackets are different, the electrical internals be be different too, which could by why the sail panels do not work with the system?

Did your sail panel sub-woofers work? (if you have them on your car)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:45 am 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

I have a 'vert, they only come with 4 speakers AFAIK ...

"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you."
"Speed doesn't kill - suddenly becoming stationary on the other hand ..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:19 am 
Cool Newbie
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

I changed my 95 T/A Moonson CD-Radio with a Pioneer DEH-P77DH CD-Radio because my original one had a hardwarefailure in CD-System.

AFAIK the only difference between Monsoon and non-Monsoon is the number of speakers and maybee the BOSE Amplifier for the sail panel woofers.

The Bose-Amplifier is an external part, located under the dash because the OEM Radio has no internal Amplifier. So the Signal is send to the Amplifier through seperate lines, amplified, send back to Radio and then all together through 4 speakerlines (2 Front - 2 Rear). I found this out because after changing my Radio all Speakers working well and powerfull without the OEM - Bose - Amplifier. Maybee it works because my Pioneer has an internal Amplifier (Pioneer MOSFET)! Maybee your Sail Panel Woofers doesn't get enough power?

But these are only my personal thoughts. I'm unaware in this kind of audio technics but this seems the only possible reason for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:22 am 
 WWW  Profile

You need to remove the sail panel and see what color wire is running to those speakers. Then trace this back the wireing harness for the new radio and see if the internal pins line up from the orginal factory system. If not you can hard wire them pretty easy. just because the connections hook up does not mean they are wired the same inside.

Binsfeld GE
01797498210 http://www.jzcustoms.com