F-Body Europe

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:51 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Door switch ...
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 5:03 am 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

After changing the wheels back from TÃœV to non-TÃœV version yesterday, I took the 'vert out in the middle of nowhere (kind of) to check which switch is causing my courtesy lights to stay on ... well, it's the passenger side ... the one that's very rarely opened ...
Question now is - how do I get to the switch? It has a nut on it, but I would imagine loosening it will make it disappear into the body ;) How can I get to the back of that switch?? Need to find a way to check out if it's the switch itself, or a loose cable or something ...

"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you."
"Speed doesn't kill - suddenly becoming stationary on the other hand ..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 5:55 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

Turns out it's not the switch - after opening up the inside panel, I noticed the switch does screw out easily WITHOUT removing the panel ... and the switch is working fine ... but somehow, somewhere, the line going to the switch must be grounded somewhere else - but the line itself is pretty much untraceable unless you take away the whole car I recon ... which leads me to the suspicion that I have a general problem SOMEWHERE in the car, as this is the second line that's shorted to ground ... don't know if it's related to the power seats/rear defrost problem I have ...

Anybody know a good place that knows F-Bodies and is able to pinpoint such a problem quickly?

"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 6:44 am 
No Life
 WWW  YIM  Profile

What kind of rear defrost problem are you having? My rear defrost has quick working... :?: Ever since I returned from Turkey, the defroster has been inop.

02' LE SS #3034/35th #1281. GMMG, SLP Box, CAI, 85mm MAF. BMR STB, EBC rotors, GreenStuff brake pads. PAC SWI-X Steering wheel controls, Pwr ant, Gentex auto dimming mirror w/ compass & temp:) DGoetz Fab SFCs, Tunnel brace.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 8:40 am 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

The 12V is grounded somewhere - rear defrost and power seats are on the same fuse ... done unplugged the rear defrost, and the seats - still shorted ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 9:42 am 
No Life
 WWW  YIM  Profile

yeah, I know the fuse you are referring to. My seats work fine. The defrost buton does not light, but I can hear it make a "click" noise when I push the button.

02' LE SS #3034/35th #1281. GMMG, SLP Box, CAI, 85mm MAF. BMR STB, EBC rotors, GreenStuff brake pads. PAC SWI-X Steering wheel controls, Pwr ant, Gentex auto dimming mirror w/ compass & temp:) DGoetz Fab SFCs, Tunnel brace.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 9:52 pm 
No Life
 WWW  YIM  Profile

I won a A/C defroster control assembly off eBay and switched out my controls. As I suspected, the switch was bad! It works fine now, has anyone else ever heard of the switch going bad before?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 8:25 am 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  Profile

I think my rear defogger switch is bad. Luckily, I ordered some new knobs last year, and they came with a whole climate control assembly, so hopefully if I switch 'em out, the problem will be resolved.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 8:30 am 
No Life
 WWW  YIM  Profile

It will do the trick, is your rear window tinted? Mine is and I am sure it will just be a matter of time before it goes bad again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 8:32 am 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  Profile

Not yet, but that is one of the many things on my to-do list. After I get the rear quarters painted, of course! I still have the holes from where they mounted the appearance package spoiler! :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 8:34 am 
No Life
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Holes? WTF :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 8:37 am 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  Profile

I put some fiberglass over them about 2 years ago, but it still looks like ass, because I didn't really know what I was doing. You should see them, they're like 3/4" in diameter, and there are 3 on each 1/4 panel. :x