F-Body Europe

It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:52 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Slow rider........
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2001 7:26 pm 
No Life

I have noticed in the last few weeks (mainly after getting my arse beat @ Bitburg) that my car dosen't seem to have the same umph as most Z's seem to have.... I think it might be my Automatic Trans that I have (it has been giving me a little trouble lately).... but I also think it might be the add on's that I have.... Does anyone have any suggestions?? I am currently in the process in looking for new hedders to increase air flow along with a new Y-Pipe. My car only has 35,013 miles and it seem's like I just can't hang with most of the other Z's out there. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!!! Later!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2001 8:00 pm 
No Life

I've never seen your car, but from your sig, there is a couple of things that stand out.

1. 58mm Tbody is un-necessary, and could possibly be hurting you.

2. The ported MAF either helps, or F's up everything

Headers are a given, you absolutely must get them. The hypertech reprogrammer is average at best. Look into PCM tuners for a better computer tune.

and lets not forget not only do you have a auto, but you have a vert (x-tra weight) as well.

Get a decent tune, and any brand of headers should put you where you want to be, if that doesnt work, place a order to you friendly parts vendor of choice, and tell them you would like a Vigilante torque convertor. (only if you want to drop .5sec off your 1/4 time)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2001 6:19 am 
No Life

Cool.... Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2001 5:41 pm 
Site Admin

Stall converter,shiftkit,3.73 rear gears, custom program, and a head and cam package by cartech. and you might beat me. Actually you should beat me low 12s $4500 if you do the install.
I had good luck with water wetter, and a 160 power stat. FWIW Unhook negative battery termanal for a minute erase memory from computer then start it up get on the bahn and drive it hard this may compensate more fuel for your larger TB. Also what temp are the fans programed to come on? where did you set your shift points? what rear axle do you have? You have a good setup and you could make that thing fly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2001 5:50 pm 
No Life

Quote:
Stall converter,shiftkit,3.73 rear gears, custom program, and a head and cam package by cartech. and you might beat me. Actually you should beat me low 12s $4500 if you do the install.
I had good luck with water wetter, and a 160 power stat. FWIW Unhook negative battery termanal for a minute erase memory from computer then start it up get on the bahn and drive it hard this may compensate more fuel for your larger TB. Also what temp are the fans programed to come on? where did you set your shift points? what rear axle do you have? You have a good setup and you could make that thing fly.

Well I'm still looking at getting the headders as soon as the mail permits. I have been also looking at a Yank T.C. I wrote them about a week ago and they have been veary helpful, they suggested a ST3800 T.C. for my application (now I don't know if that means 3800 stall speed). My fans wont let the car get above about 170 I think I might have the fuel problem taken care of???? I hooked the car up to a scanner and I adjusted my TPS a little more to the rich side and it seemed to pick up a little more. My shift points are set at 5800RPM or maybee it was an even 6000. I have the performance 3.43 rear axle. I am also pricing out some rear suspension kits (SFC's, PHR, and LCA's) through BMR. Where can I get water wetter over here??? They wont send it to me from the states (Chemical stuff and all)??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2001 8:22 pm 
Site Admin

FWIW Thunder racing sent mine. You are close to valve float at 6000 try to bring your shift points down to 5200-5400 at WOT just because it is the highest setting does not mean it is the best. Rule of thumb your car will be quicker staying between max torque on LT1 is around 3600-3800 and max HP which I believe is 5400-5500 with the mods you discribed?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2001 6:13 pm 
No Life

Quote:
FWIW Thunder racing sent mine. You are close to valve float at 6000 try to bring your shift points down to 5200-5400 at WOT just because it is the highest setting does not mean it is the best. Rule of thumb your car will be quicker staying between max torque on LT1 is around 3600-3800 and max HP which I believe is 5400-5500 with the mods you discribed?

Thanks for the info... I usually manually shift mine when I race.... I think I have gotten pretty good I usually shift around 5800-5900 But I think I will change that now. Thunder Racing sent your what? I'm pretty slow these days with the x-tra hours at work and garage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2001 6:17 pm 
Site Admin

watter wetter good stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2001 5:17 am 
No Life

They sent it overseas??? I thought that you couldn't do that??? Do they have a web site I can visit?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2001 7:48 am 
Site Admin

http://www.thunderracing.com .you can order it online.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2001 8:37 am 
No Life

Cool thanks Bruce... I'll check them out!