F-Body Europe

It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:30 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Rob? FLP's on my ride..........
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2001 5:37 pm 
Needs a Job

Will it work? Talked to several guys that have and love
em. Only one is lowered and he had pics but they weren't
the best. I'm low as it is so maybe a skid plate to
protect them. If I get them they will be installed the same time my k-frame goes in for better access because all the other guys complain they suck big time. Of course they have all the emissions crap and AC. Rob? What do you think?

Others are welcomed to chime in too. I already got someone who has dibs on the RK's too....however if they don't work as planned then the FLP's will be up for sale instead.......

02' MY Z06, Cam, LT headers, X-pipe, Breathless CAI, Borla Stinger exh, RSD short shifter, Elite catch can, C6Z susp, CCW classic's 18x10 & 18x12...your normal everyday Z06.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2001 11:20 pm 
No Life

I think I saw all the posts you did and replies that came back. So here is what I think.

Plug access: I dont see how anything could be as hard as doing it with the stock manifolds, and that was doable.

Lowering: I got the same words you did, and apparently the FLP's are the most lower friendly of the LT's. By the way the Y pipe extends back so far and doesnt actually become one pipe until where the cat used to be may cause clearance problems. Heard reports of the passenger side rubbing sometimes, but most people complain about the pipes hitting the floor board. (couldnt tell you yet).

Fit: I've put the pieces togethor, and I'll admit I didnt try to line it up under the car, but I'm concerned there may be some alignment issues between the Y pipe and intermediate pipe. It just dont look right to me, but then I may not have had them at the right angle.

My biggest concern, (probably the most petty of them all) is how do I close up the airfittings. Someone tried telling me that it was the same size as some old ferrari or fiat oil drain plug. (M18 ??) bolt. Walmart was fresh out of those.

IMHO it is trouble well worth it. They are dynoing an extra 10-15 ponies over MAC's. And MACs always were right up there, or the leader in hp headers. You of all of us would benifit from the LT's.

BTW, I just saw your ? in the GP forum. FLP is real stingy on the GP's. They seem to think, that right now, if you want 'em, your gonna have to pay they're price. I dont know what the other vendors are doing, but I got mine thru Thunder, and it was pretty complete. Only thing I didnt get was the longer #8 plug wire.

g'luck
Rob

Last edited by Robert13p3h on Thu Aug 30, 2001 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2001 6:59 am 
Needs a Job

Thanks Rob. When do you put yours on?
I've heard the same thing about the intermediate pipe not
lining up but that's an easy fix if you ask me.

I didn't know thunder sells them. They don't have them listed on their website. How much they asking? Tbyrne
sells them for 10 bucks less then FLP.

M22 oil drain plug from BMW's 84-92.
If I get time I'll look for some in the junkyard here and send them to you.

looks like I'll be ording these when I get back or maybe sooner............

Last edited by SRZ on Thu Aug 30, 2001 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2001 11:38 am 
No Life

Thunder hasnt put them on they're site yet. Only reason I found out, is I asked them about they're AS&M package, and they suggested FLP's.

The price was no screaming bargain, and sounds about the same as the prices you were quoted, but its harder to figure it out, because thunder sells them in a package that includes stage 8's, fel-pro's, O2 extensions, and the elusive longer #8 plug wire.

Trust me, I would be working on the install, except there is nothing to hook them to. My car is sitting in the garage with a WTF look on its grill, wondering why there is only a engine block left under the hood. Mr. Lingenfelter is proving to be one of the more cautious (read slow as hell) head porters.